Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hi....newbee!  (Read 4620 times)

Estrath1

Hi....newbee!
« on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »

Hi guys....glad to become a member!
I'm new and hope this forum may be of some help!
I'm 49yrs old and have been suffering symptoms for about 2-3yrs though really only been diagnosed about a year and a half ago as peri menopausal... I still take periods though they are erratic.
I can't take HRT due to Breast cancer risks so have been taking evening primrose oil, vitamins and magnesium mostly for aching joints... I  feel 80....but I have started getting really dry and sore down below even when I just need to pee, some days I'm in agony....now the doc did give me cream but told me to use it sparingly because of the estrogen and again the cancer risk....so my 1st question is this....any tips on dryness??  Just daily ....never even mind sexy lol I just want to be able to walk normally! Also I have started to get horrendous Breast pain, shooting stabbing pains and I'm actually convinced their getting bigger! Any reliable herbale help? I am seriously beginning to lose the plot! My brain is mush....I cant concentrate on anything....I'm not sleeping....is this all normal??Any tips....please 😆😆😆 sorry for such a long 1st hello! 

Dancinggirl

Re: Hi....newbee!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 10:08:42 PM »

Hi and welcome
The oestrogen cream is very safe - Very low dose so highly unlikely to increase cancer risk. This cream should help me you dryness and the uti type symptoms.
Vaginal moisturiser is also essential - SYLK or the YES products are the favourites with most of us.
Avoid caffeine and acidic drinks and don't use anything scented on the 'lady bits'.
Alternative remedies rarely help. Good diet and exercise is the the way to go and HRT is the only real help for meno symptoms .
Have you had breast cancer or perhaps your sister or mother?
DG x

Estrath1

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 10:58:13 PM »

Hi DG
Thanks for the reply! Sister and mothers 2 sisters had Breast cancer...I was referred to the hospital who refused to give me any HRT at all and told me to try alternative medicines....easier said than done! I've never heard of the vaginally moisturiser though can that be bought in a chemist or is it prescription?
Thanks E x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 11:04:44 AM »

Vaginal moisturisers can be given on prescription but we usually buy it online or at the chemist I you can get it.
I love SYLK used daily and also use Multi Gyn Actigel a couple of times a week as this helps to keep the flora balance right in the vagina therefore preventing infections e.g. Thrush, taking hold.
I started a thread 'The Burning Club' some time ago and you may like to look at this as discomfort and horrible burning is very common and lots of women  have contributed to this thread.
Just google the vaginal moisturisers - they tend to be cheaper bought online. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 05:06:29 PM »

Hi Estrath1

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »

Welcome Estrath1 :welcomemm:  I use YES OB - oil based - organic and moisturising. Welcome to the club, and yes all normal! You will find support, knowledge and a wealth of experience from the women on this forum.

DaisyB xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 06:48:37 AM »

Hi Estrada- hello and welcome. All normal I'm afraid so get yourself some v moisturiser and use the oestrogen cream as discussed with your GP.
A healthy diet, cut down on caffeine and alcohol and take a decent supplement. Vitamin D and magnesium. The ladies at Holland and Barrett are normally very good but you may find that any herbal supplements have limited use and they also carry side effects. Have a look at the alternative therapy tab on here.
They don't call it the change for nothing! X :welcomemm:

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 07:17:30 AM »

Hi Estrath1- just to say with the Yes products, YES WB (available on prescription/online/Holland and Barrett) and YES VM are the ones the company recommends for VA. Here is the explanation of how their products can help:

https://www.yesyesyes.org/vaginal-atrophy