Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low vit b12  (Read 6312 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Low vit b12
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 03:41:48 PM »

Thanks Annie for the info about the results if you are on injections or supplements. I have a friend who has injections and she is tested every so often but assume they take the injections into account when reading the results?

when i was researching there seemed to be two types of b12 you can get in supplements. All said that anything you swallow is a waste of time as it does not get beyond digestive system and undertongue spray was most effective of those tested  It then said that methylcolbamin was the most absorbed.

Will tell my gp I am using the spray and see what she says.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »

Yes spray and sublinguals are best over tablets

I'm sure NICE guidelines say not to test once injections have started because it's a false reading and potentially could be the reason the injections are withdrawn

I do stand by my post recently that you can't overdose on b12 as my levels were once OVER 2000, and the doc laughed saying what on earth am I eating for that result and I said sublinguals and they said ok that explains it

Menomale

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 04:06:00 PM »

Hi Peroxideblader,

I take BIOVEA vit B12 1000mcg sublingual and it worked well, my levels rose to more than 600 after taking it daily for 3 months and now I just take it once a week and my levels have been stable for one year.

XXX

Peroxideblader

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 06:13:08 PM »

Ah ok...well I haven no other choice but to take tablets as my go won't give me injections not a chance ...like I said unless you're almost zero they consider you as normal....I know you can buy your own to inject but theres no way I could infect myself most days I'm lucky I can see straight never mind use a needle. Has anyone on here taken lozenges or tablets and seen an improvement in their symptoms at all.?

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 06:35:42 PM »

I'd think The only way you'll benefit and see improvement from sublinguals is if your symptoms are due to low b12 and you are vegan

If you have pernicious anaemia only injections will work

My friend has 3 monthly injections and she hasn't felt any benefit

It's a minefield

countrybumpkin

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »

I also read that if you have severe pernicious anaemia then only injections will make a difference but mild p a can be improved with sublingual application.
I know so many people who had severe p a and have been on injections for years. They all improved on injections and they all know when they need to have their injections sooner because of symptoms.

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 04:32:05 PM »

I also read that if you have severe pernicious anaemia then only injections will make a difference but mild p a can be improved with sublingual application.
I know so many people who had severe p a and have been on injections for years. They all improved on injections and they all know when they need to have their injections sooner because of symptoms.

So many people who get the 3 monthly jabs end up self injecting during those 3 months because it just doesn't reverse their neurological damage, you shouldn't have to slip lower before the next injection I don't think
Pages: 1 [2]