Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Equivalent doses across different transdermal HRTs (covers US and UK types)  (Read 1437 times)

KatyB

All, I've mentioned before that there's a very informative site aimed primarily at women who are in surgical menopause, but there is a lot of relevant information there for all in menopause or approaching it. The general site is the surmeno.blogspot.co.uk, but there's a useful table on this link which includes equivalent doses of estrogen in different patches, gels etc of different sizes / recommended frequency for changing etc. The site suggests it can be helpful when changing from one brand / type to another to identify the nearest equivalent delivered dose of estrogen / progestogen or to help to see why you may feel very different from changing from one brand to another. It takes account of expected losses from gels for example. It also has size of patch / recommended pump etc. It was compiled by one of the forum users there, and covers both US and UK brands. Elsewhere on the site there's info about e.g. dose expected from using patches on your front or back (side)!. The link is http://surmeno.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/news. Hope its useful.

NikkiSG

Just started Livial - What to expect?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:23:44 PM »

Hi There Everyone

I'm new to menopause and new to this Forum. I live in Sydney, Australia, but was lucky to find this Forum with threads to Livial/Tibolone. Basically about a year ago I had a weird episode of two weeks non-stop sweating and feeling weak and unwell. It took a while to go to the GP but late Jan this year I had a blood test and had pretty high oestrogen. Then, about a month ago I started sweating again, but this time the sweats came with lightheadedness, palpitations, nausea, anxiety and interrupted sleep (with the sweats preceded by a jolting feeling of falling). Went back to the GP and she took another blood test. Oestrogen completely flat-lined down to zero. I also have auto-immune disease, which I felt was greatly exacerbated by the hot flushes so she prescribed Livial. First day I felt a bit odd, but I couldn't sleep that night, so a cut the 2.5mg dose down to half (I read that 90% of patients on Livial experience reduction in hot flushes on 2.5mg and 80% experience a reduction in symptoms on 1.25mg - though it takes longer for effects to be felt. I figured that I'd try 1.25mg for a while. I'm on Day 6 of Livial and haven't experienced any change. Dr said it would take 2 weeks to a month to feel a difference, but seeing I've cut the dose myself, I'm wondering if I am indeed getting enough to make a difference to the hot flushes? I find I am always extremely sensitive to drugs, (can't take steroids at all) but would love to hear other's feedback, especially anyone who's on a low dose? Many thanks, Nikki