Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Struggling upping patch dose  (Read 2131 times)

donnacrichton

Struggling upping patch dose
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:12:09 PM »

I am trying to increase my estradot from 100 to 137.5. I am on the 3rd week and this week has become the hardest. I've gone from 50 to 75 then 100 for 4 weeks. Been on 137.5 for just over 2 weeks and started to struggle. Hormones all over the place. How long on a dose for it to settle as the last 3 increases have gone not too bad?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling upping patch dose
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »

:bighug:

Anjia

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »

This seems a very high dose maybe its to high? Is it because your trying to control flushes and there not stopping or are there other symptoms you have.

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:27 PM »

I had a zero estradoil level on 50mcg hence the need to increase. I thought I was managing not too bad but have hit a few bumps. My joint pain has been awful not something I've had many problems with. Flushes was still very strong on 100mcg. Fatigue has also been bad and these are symptoms I haven't really had to deal with until last few months  it is probably my system trying to regulate to the higher dose . I do tend to panic as I'm sure many people remember lol. Really looking for reassurance I've not gone too quick.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:57 PM »

Hi donnacrichton

I know you've been struggling - and there are not many of us who use this high dose of patch - but as you say you were not absorbing it so hopefully eventually it will settle. It does seem quite a rapid increase but you have given each dose several weeks though - sometimes for some perverse reason, flushes get worse initially on increasing oestrogen - which is counter-intuitive isn't it? We can't really answer for you though as only you can sense what it right in terms of the beneficial effects.

Did you detect any decrease in flushing after 4 weeks on 100 mcg? Did the doc not want to do another blood test before increasing again?

I know I've asked this before but when your oestrogen level is a bit higher could you ask for testosterone - as deficiency in this can lead to fatigue?

Sorry I can't really help but do hope this is going to do the trick this time :)

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »

Flushes settled a bit when got to 100 then became worse. I think I'm absorbing now as breast tenderness and headache now. Usually takes a few weeks for these symptoms to ease. When we got the blood test dome he said I should need somewhere between 100 and 200 mcg.  If this dose doesn't ease I will ask for more bloods just incase not absorbing enough.

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »

Hi I've managed to hit the 4 weeks on 137.50mcg estradot and flushes are manageable. What I am feeling now is feeling the patch wearing off by day 3 and a rush of estrogen when applying the new patch. I did have a few days last week where I felt a fair bit better. The question is do I try and switch patch to every 3 days not 3 1/2 days or stick with it could it still be settling?