Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tibolone  (Read 2563 times)

renee

Tibolone
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:36:47 PM »

Hi ladies,

Iv been to see a gynaecologist......yaaaaaa!!!

Anyway, she suggested I try Tibolone HRT. Never heard of it and I have taken my first tablet today!

Anyone on this HRT?

Xx

Taz2

Re: Tibolone
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »

If you put Tibolone in the search box you will bring up any posts on this HRT. It's a synthetic preparation.

It is good for post menopausal women who have lost their libido as it mimics testosterone. https://patient.info/medicine/tibolone-tablets-livial

Taz xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 02:42:05 PM »

Hi that's great news, I think it's also under the name Livial xx

renee

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »

Thanks ladies......Iv had a read of the link and I can see there's side effects etc and risks but I'm willing to take it for 3 months just to see how different I would feel as at the moment I have little quality of life due to my menopausal symptoms, I also have fibroids and an under active thyroid.

Some days I struggle to get out of bed with sore joints. I have insomnia, anxiety, vaginal atrophy, fatigue, dry eyes, low mood, dry skin and no libido whatsoever!! This has been a long road as I started peri meno at 45 and now I'm 51 and post meno but the symptoms are worse!!

The joys of being a woman xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »

I try not to read side effects and reviews (I normally end up in the end mind) as everyone is different.
May just be what you need.
Poor you sounds like you have a lot of symptoms going on which in its self is draining.
I've just started a new one today so cheers to us 🍷🍷xxx

renee

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 10:35:11 PM »

Iv got try something as Im not getting more than a few days a week now where I feel myself....it's awful.

All the best Lil22, fingers crossed we both feel more ourselves real soon. Xx