Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New to the forum and hitting menopause early  (Read 6256 times)

Jwells1000

New to the forum and hitting menopause early
« on: May 22, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just had blood tests and said I'm hitting menopause early.i had a hysterectomy 3 and half years ago but they left my ovaries. And. Is at the age of 37 I'm going into menopause. Feeling quite sad about it. And I feel rubbish, feel tired but can't sleep. Hot flushes. Put weight on. Snappy with my hubby and kids. And my legs just ache like mad! Any advice very welcome

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to the forum and hitting menopause early
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »

:welcomemm: ........ have a browse round, make notes.  There is also the Daisy web-site to browse too for ladies with 'early' menopause.  Some find keeping a mood/symtpoms/food diary useful. 

What advice were you given, if any ?  Some GPs have little knowledge about The Change so do ask any questions.

Jwells1000

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »

Haven't been given any advice really, just said the ovaries usually only last 2 years after a hysterectomy and I had my 3 and half years ago. Have said about going in eastrogen

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »

Jwells same thing happened to me at 32, ovaries packed up 6 months later.  I went on oestrogen and felt great for years (all went but wrong after 13 years but that's just my body) x

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »

Sending hugs.  Give yourself time to adjust.  Then try to look on it as an opportunity to review your life and put some healthy habits into place that will not only help with the change but set you up for a healthier later life too!  I started at 35 and it was a bit of a shock at first, but I looked at my diet and routine and made some changes and felt a lot more positive after that.  There is loads of helpful stuff on this site - read around and then come back with any questions and someone is sure to know the answer!

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »

Welcome, try the bio identical HRT, very user friendly and good for ladies who are going through meno so young, either the rub on gel as in Oestrogel or the patch,you can stay on it quite safely until you are at least into your early 50's it is actually recommended to prevent osteoporosis and other problems when going through meno so young, started as well before 40 and the gels was a life saver.

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »

Hi I started the menopause young and found that really difficult to deal with, it's almost live your greaving for your loss :( but your not alone, as others have said you can get though it and live a full happy life. Sending hugs xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »

Hi Jwells1000

:welcomemm:

You definitely should be taking HRT if you are entering menopause at your young age.  Guidelines say that two drug tests should be carried out 4-6 weeks apart to confirm peri-menopause at your age if your symptoms suggest it.

As Cassie says - it is very easy to use HRT if you have no womb as you don't have to worry about the dreaded progesterone! Patches or gel - it's your choice ( or even a pill if you would prefer).

They are all listed here:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Hurdity x

Jwells1000

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »

Thanks for all
Your advice.
Got blood test results and say my estrogen levels are borderline and I'm having another blood test in 6 weeks! Is this normal? Still getting all the symptoms and don't feel right.
Should I be taking estrogen or waiting to see what next blood test says?? Any one had the same.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

I think that blood tests are reliably un-reliable  ::) - give your GP a ring and ask why another test is required and maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary to take to your next appt.. I think that your GP is biding time - maybe 'reading up' ?  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 03:44:24 PM »

Hi Jwells1000

Yes doc is right to repeat the test. As I said if you are likely to enter menopause early then two blood tests 4-6 weeks apart should be carried out (I see I said drug tests and I did mean blood tests!).  It would normally be the FSH levels rather than oestrogen which are used to indicate you could be peri-menopausal. Do you have the results for this hormone (FSH) and if so what were they? You will need to wait for the 2nd lot of tests to confirm this to make sure there are not other reasons for your symptoms and then you should start treatment ie HRT!

As CLKD says - use this time to read as much as you can about menopause and HRT, using the information on this website ( top pale green banner). Please ask any questions you want and see if we can help.

Also at this point it's a good idea to take stock of your lifestyle and make any changes necessary to put you in the best of health eg diet, exercise, alcohol, body weight etc

Do let us know the outcome of your tests and your FSH level if known ( you can ring and ask for this or sometimes have a look online if you have access to your health records).

Hurdity x

Jwells1000

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 04:07:56 PM »

Thanks for your advice ladies. Haven't got fsh results. They read them all off to me on the phone but can't remember what they said, just that the oestrogen was borderline and got next blood test on 29th June. So I'll see what outcome of them are.
Thanks. I'll make sure I'm in good health. Have put a bit of weight on recently but haven't been eating different

Dorothy

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:25 PM »

Weight gain on the same diet is one of the likely symptoms unfortunately!  I've had to drastically reduce my diet and increase my exercise to stay at the same weight.

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 02:07:49 PM »

Yes - that's right re weight gain, same for me. Also do make sure you get all the actual results - of FSH and oestrogen from both blood tests when you've had the second test.

Hurdity x

Jwells1000

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 06:07:17 PM »

Yeah I definitely put some weight on. Cutting my food down and trying to get some exercise.
Got my 2nd flood test on Thursday. So I'll see what them results say.
Feeling crap and tired and the mo and very snappy! My hubby and kids must be fed up with me
Pages: [1] 2