Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: You're Not Going Mad  (Read 3250 times)

Tempest

You're Not Going Mad
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:07:18 PM »

It's a shame that the recent Kirsty Wark documentary didn't cover the mental symptoms of menopause more. 1 in 3 women suffer from these symptoms during menopause, as this DM article discusses:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2925818/How-menopause-drive-women-MAD-Panic-attacks-depression-hallucinations-just-terrifying-symptoms-youre-NOT-warned-about.html

Thank goodness  professionals such as John Studd recognise this - now if only the NHS would catch up..... xxxxx

jorainbow

Re: You're Not Going Mad
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:57:07 PM »

And, having read some of the comments, some people including women need to catch up too!!!! Excellent article xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 05:57:54 PM »

Read this article before Tempest. My impression is that people think we are neurotic divas. I can honestly say, I've never felt so unwell in my life...Hormones have a lot to answer for and the sad thing is that a lot of the medical profession just don't understand. It's not life threatening but we are really suffering. Today I want to scream and kick everyone up the a*** ( if only I had the strength)
I'll b e in touch soon - hope you are having a not too bad day! X

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »

Hi, Jo and Michelle!  :)

Jo - I read some of the comments too. Unreal! Especially the poor woman who is now just post menopausal and doesn't think her panic attacks and anxiety are due to menopause (ohhhh, yes they are! Ask me and Kathleen. Kathleen is LOVELY and the anxiety she has post meno. has floored her, bless her heart)!

Michelle, it's cruel, rotten and AAAAARGH isn't it? I never get outwardly angry - I take it out on myself inwardly. I still say this whole business is like trying to withdraw from some terrible drug, and without the wonderful ladies here sharing their experiences and offering so much love and support, I would have been a gonner ages ago (and I'm not kidding)!

Now, if only they could make magical advances in HRT so that it automatically adjusts to what your body needs.....this is what we NEED! I swear I'm driving myself bonkers wondering what on earth to try next and which dose. It's a real lottery, isn't it? If it wasn't due to my tachycardia off HRT and bone health and feeling like I'm going loony with deep doom and anxious feelings, i'd probably say s#d it!!! xxxxx

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:33:08 PM »

I've thought ...bugger it many times.
I need my half of an HRT patch to control my flushes and insomnia. As for the anxiety...the progesterone makes it worse I'm sure. I've tried all sorts including Utrogestan.....that made things worse.
Now Im having to face progesterone intolerance in my daughter. She has been on the POP for a few years now. She can't tolerate any extra oestrogen as it makes her vomit and now she is reacting to the progesterone only pill. Lack of energy, bad skin, breakthrough bleeding, low mood. It just goes on and on. She has stopped her pill and it's like someone flipped a switch and she is back to bright and bubbly....but she has to sort out birth control. She is going to explore the copper coil as she says she doesn't want to swamp her body with more chemicals.
It would seem that for some of us ....we have issues and sensitivity at every age.

Mrs Brown

edelweiss

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 07:53:26 PM »

Mrs Brown I'm really sorry to read this - having your own struggles and worrying about your daughter too must be very hard. I hope you both find an answer and feel much better soon. xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »

I can't get my head round my problem, I really can't

I remember yonks ago when I went on pill (either ovran30 or ovranette) I can't remember now.  It sent me loopy, I was devoted to my boyfriend who I'd waited to sleep with.  The pill sent me insane, I suddenly didn't love anyone, myself included, I didn't turn up for the 2nd papers my o levels, I was numb.  The Dr took me straight off it and gave me Trinordial, which brought me back to my old self, all loved up but of course even though I had a sick note for missed exams, I failed them all.

My heart palps have started up again now just like they do when I'm on high oestrogen (yet all those 13 yrs age 32-45 on max dose oestrogen after my TAH I was grand)

Today I thought it was anxiety but I'm not so sure, coughing doesn't do the trick anymore but bearing down seems to reset the rhythm, just for it all to set off again

I'm joining the 'had enough' club too

Mbrown001

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »

Us girls are tough  ::)

Not an ideal time for my daughter though as she is completing her Masters. Just supporting her and trying to find a solution. She needs to fine something that works for her.

Mrs Brown

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:05 AM »

No sex or condoms? until she finds something that doesn't upset her  :-\. I remember us trying the female condom ..........  :o

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »

Hello Mrs brown- not great for your daughter but there is mounting evidence that the pill can cause depression in some women. Not something that many doctors seem aware of. I too went loopy years ago with a new one my doc put me on.
Interesting article from The Guardian if you haven't seen it already.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/oct/03/pill-linked-depression-doctors-hormonal-contraceptives
X