Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feeling unwell on elleste duet conti 2mg /1mg  (Read 10259 times)

Rufus657

Re: Feeling unwell on elleste duet conti 2mg /1mg
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »

Thanks all for your input once again. I'll make sure they stick and let you know how it all goes.

Rufus657

Butterfly22

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 08:17:33 AM »

Hope it's going ok xx

Optimist

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »

Hi Rufus, hope the change to patch is going well for you. It's amazing the differences between the hrts and how it affects people differently.  I started off on elleste duo 1mg but the progesterone phase turned me into a raging mad woman ☺️ I then trialled femseven but the progesterone phase of that made me really low and zombied out, so I switched to the Everol sequi (same progesterone as the elleste) and that's the one for me!! Totally agree that the different routes produce different results. I really hope you settle on one that's right for you soon. X

Rufus657

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 11:17:31 AM »

Hello everyone. Well decided to take plunge and try femseven because I was then experiencing such painful boobs and I started light bleeding on elleste duo conti

I thought ok I've got nothing to lose to try the patch. Well since I tried it ( it stuck  just fine by the way ) I have had the heaviest period ever ! I haven't had one for 2.5 years and they were never heavy. I have felt washed out with stomach cramps and heavy bleeding.  Why ? No doctor mentioned this too me ?

What next.

Stay with femseven to see what happens next. I really do not know. My gut feeling is try it for 2 months and see what happens ? Is this bleed normal. If I had stayed on elleste conti would the bleed have continued ? To be honest my mood did lift  and the anxiety lifted but felt so pre-menstrual on it.

I do feel a bit lighter on femseven ( I think ! ) but that could be due to the boobs feeling better.

Let me know your thoughts,  lovely  ladies out there !

Rufus657

Optimist

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 07:05:15 AM »

Hi rufus
How are you feeling now? Have things settled? X

Katia

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 07:30:37 AM »

Good luck with the patches.  I'm not sure if it's an option to cut the tablets in half?  That would give you 1mg, but I'm not sure the progesterone would be enough. My GP is just the same, he's lovely, but hopeless and then doesn't want to prescribe what the consultant says. Im not sure about the consultant either he seems to favour the gel and Utrogestan. I'm having a lot of fluid and bloating and he just says studies say it doesn't cause it.  It's terrible that there are not more knowledgable healthcare providers for the menopause. It's not exactly new lol  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »

Hi Rufus - have only just seen your post asking about the bleed. It is likely due to the change oin dosage and type of HRT - you have changed method of delivery ( tablet to patch), pas well as the type of progestgoen - and possibly the dose. if your progestogen levels have dropped, and you body has registered this then if your womb lining has built up on your previous regime, then the bleed will be the lining shedding. Theoretically it should not build up on continuous combined HRT types but sometimes due to differences in absorption or some property of the woman's uterus (eg fibroids perhaps?), it does and the balance of oestrogen to the progestogen needs changing. Hopefully once the bleed is over it should settle again,. However if you are worried then do ask your doc about this?

Hurdity x

Rufus657

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 07:29:30 AM »

Hello Hurdity
Thanks for your reply. The bleeding stopped and since femseven have felt much better. Had a couple very light breakthrough bleed but all good. Boobs back to normal and feel less premenstrual.
At times I feel over relaxed though !!  Not a lot of motivation to do anything , is this normal ?
On the whole mood swings much more even , still a bit night sweat and libido a bit better. All gentle improvements.
Would a slightly higher dose get rid of night sweats completely. I've been on it 5 weeks now or should I wait.
Thanks for your support.
Pages: 1 [2]