Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: sick leave  (Read 8588 times)

Ju Ju

Re: sick leave
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 10:15:33 AM »

My DH's chiropractor recommends ice packs, not heat for back pain etc. DH finds this helps, as I have. 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off and so on. Wrap the ice pack in something like a towel though. We keep an ice pack in the freezer ready for whenever it's needed. Helped when my knee was painful.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 11:38:26 AM »

Thanks so much ladies, I'm going to be creative with meds today. I'm going to try alternating the NSAID with paracetamol every two hours to see if that works. Need some relief as I can't stand all day. I lay on my back on the floor in the sitting room with my head propped up on two cushions to watch TV last night. Totally ridiculous but it was the only position that was comfortable! Jeez, these old bones!!

JuJu, my physio told me not to put ice on my disc problems only on new injuries so I'm really confused now. I've always applied heat when the back plays up but it's not working this time and neither is anything else!! Hubby has been icing since his break, the leg is still pretty swollen. I might google this heat v cold thing and see if I can find a medical explanation.

Thanks ladies xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:47 AM »

Conflicting advice. Difficult to know what to do isn't it? Best to follow advice from the professional you are seeing. I hope you start to get some relief soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 03:05:45 PM »

Having the head propped up won't help either as it extends all the muscles down the spinal column!

How has the pain been 2-day?  Physios advised alternate hot/cold 10 mins. every hour  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]