Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Does Testosterone improve sleep?  (Read 8486 times)

Freckles

Re: Does Testosterone improve sleep?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »

Nearly forgot- Hurdity - I  keep forgetting that you regularly offer to post research papers to back up your opinions.
I have noted, however, you never have done so, although often referred to them in some of you r-posts
This is not having a dig" at you, as you often claim when people disagree with you over time
I am genuinely interested in reading the research papers you cite you have mentioned I mny posts
I have read all of Studd's research papers and the peer review comments on those.
I would be really interested to know about the clinical research papers that you rely on, as I'm sure would other members of MM.
Especially if they agree or disagree with current world wide HRT research
Freckles . 

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »

I don't have time for this today but just to say - the time delay was because I only saw your post an hour before I replied - being out all day and then again in the evening. I certainly did not spend the day considering my reply - although it was considered last night!

Secondly I repeat you know nothing about my nor anyone else's qualifications or background unless we/they choose to reveal them. As I said - these are irrelevant anyway because we all help members to the best of our ability and point others to information where appropriate - the research papers are out there.

As I also said noone ever pretends that advice given on here replaces proper medical advice given at a medical consultation - the forum rules in any case state this, and again that we are all by default non-medical professionals - even those who are "Chartered Scientist, Chartered Psychologist, Consultant Clinical Psychologist ". None of us are in any way superior to any others.  As I said, some have a lot of personal experience to relate, others have advice to relate from their gynae, others have read a lot  of research, others just want to give support.

Wrensong - I am so sorry at how your this has turned out. :(

Hurdity

Anjia

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:18 AM »

I am just here to say that Hurdity has always in the last four years I have been using this forum been so helpful to me, I dont think I even want to come on here at the moment its getting rather nasty if you ask me ! Anyway thanks Hurdity thats all I wanted to say.

Megamind

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 08:04:27 AM »

I dont think I even want to come on here at the moment its getting rather nasty if you ask me !

I was just thinking the same.

Salad

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »

:hug:

Tempest

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »

I very much appreciate how Hurdity has helped so many ladies here. She has actually corrected GP's prescriptions in the past and averted disaster when they've been prescribed in error, and that's brilliant.

The ONLY issues I have had recently has been the questioning of ladies who choose (note the word 'CHOOSE')
to use Professor Studd's regime and the way things were worded and the issue that arose on this thread, as it can be rather upsetting for ladies to read who cannot take HRT.

I hope this clarifies my position. xxxxx
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 09:55:19 AM by Tempest »

babyjane

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »

I am not going to justify or apologise for what I said because I said it as I saw it and I am entitled to my opinion as is everyone else. 

Suffice to say I have not made any personal remarks or comments to anyone, I just said it as I saw it and that is my last word in this thread. 

Everyone is getting upset and I think it needs to be closed when newbies are put off the forum due to differences of opinion from strong characters.

Wrensong

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2017, 10:33:03 AM »

Oh my goodness - have come back to this this morning, short of time, to see there has been a lot going on and rather heated.  I am so sorry the initial question has sparked so much upset.  I will go back through it later as there is so much detail and I want to be able to address this when I can do it justice.  Meanwhile, thank you all for the time & considerable effort that has gone into some very lengthy posts, which do contain some info I'm sure will be very helpful. 

Without the input of very knowledgeable posters with a scientific background, I would have found this site far less helpful.  Ladies who take time to post in depth with the sole intention of helping others when they also have very busy lives outside MM, will not have time to polish every sentence and inevitably sometimes run the risk of inadvertently posting something that can be misconstrued.  I hope there is enough goodwill that we can all accept that this will sometimes happen & that probably, had we been in the same room as a poster when the comments were made, such misunderstanding would be much less likely to arise.  Here, remote from each other, we lack the non-verbal cues that enhance & soften our words, the tone of voice, facial expression, gesture & so on, & also miss the opportunity to ask for clarification which could quickly avert unnecessary clashes. 

I am always grateful for the knowledge & experience willingly & selflessly shared here & hope that anyone who has expressed a doubt in this thread about continuing to contribute to MM, will take time to reconsider, in the knowledge that we all mean only to help each other.  Thank you all for your support & please, don't anyone walk away as a result of this thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3]