Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spaced out feeling  (Read 7987 times)

jorainbow

Re: Spaced out feeling
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »

I know edelweiss!!! Tortoise!!!!  :lol: :lol:  dangermouse thanks for the insight. She did seem to want to pinpoint some trauma but the closest I could get was my car accident in Dec but I don't get flashbacks etc and am back to driving as usual. The other stuff was upsetting/relationship/life stuff but not trauma. Yet the med phobia she ignored! Also when I mentioned hormones she said they don't bring on anxiety to which I actually replied 'I could direct you to a forum where a lot of ladies would disagree!!!' 😂😂

Tempest

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 09:18:46 PM »

Good grief......is SHE in for a surprise  then!!! :o xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 09:24:31 PM »

I know edelweiss!!! Tortoise!!!!  :lol: :lol:  dangermouse thanks for the insight. She did seem to want to pinpoint some trauma but the closest I could get was my car accident in Dec but I don't get flashbacks etc and am back to driving as usual. The other stuff was upsetting/relationship/life stuff but not trauma. Yet the med phobia she ignored! Also when I mentioned hormones she said they don't bring on anxiety to which I actually replied 'I could direct you to a forum where a lot of ladies would disagree!!!' 😂😂

Hmmmmmmm !  :angryfire:

Tempest

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 10:17:53 PM »

I''ve made a new personal rule NEVER to try to discuss meno. issues with any man who doesn't have a wife old enough to have reached menopause, or any female of pre-meno. age. There's no point. They don't get it. However, when faced with folk who are ignorant of such matters from lack of personal experience, it's always good to plant a wee seed in their minds about what meno. is like. I guarantee the watering can of impending middle age will cause it to sprout eventually, and they'll be thinking 'oh God. That woman I saw who I told was crazy/anxious/neurotic etc. WAS RIGHT'!!!!   ;) xxxxx

Yahana

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 11:38:18 PM »

I know that feeling.  Mine came on suddenly one day 18 months post menopause.  Felt like I was doing everything at one remove.  I found it very scary at first.  It was accompanied by a whole set of meno symptoms so I eventually figured out it must all be related.  Had it very often for a year, less so the following year, and now I get it occasionally.  It still rattles me when it comes but now I know it does go, and happily it happens so much less than it used to.  Hang in there xx

dangermouse

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 11:43:48 PM »

My psych colleagues do disappoint me sometimes. It's bad enough some doctors telling us hormones don't cause anxiety but a therapist should not be using their 'professional' opinion to spout such nonsence. I guess she meant well but you shouldn't try to invent trauma in clients either?!!

jorainbow

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 08:01:10 AM »

I wouldn't mind Tempest but she's at least in her late 60's early 70's!!!! Thanks dangermouse - that's how I felt like I had to find a trauma. Anxiety has ramped up something chronic today - early morning waking etc but looking at my diary it happened at the same time last month. Thank goodness I keep track.

Tempest

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »

I'm with you, Jo! Rotten start to the day with huge anxiety - there are no 'triggers' either - it just happens. Sending you hugs, as always. xxxxx

jorainbow

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »

And likewise to you 💜💜
Pages: 1 [2]