Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello I'm a new member  (Read 1546 times)

SEU666

Hello I'm a new member
« on: May 25, 2017, 12:28:35 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie to the forum. Ages 46 and just had a Mirena fitted almost two weeks ago now.  Started to get a few peri menopause symptoms a few years ago...heavier periods, closer together, night sweats and hot flushes but nothing too major on that front yet. Seems bit intermittent with the flushes.
Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and gaining some more knowledge about how to cope with everything too.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello I'm a new member
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 02:17:25 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round.  Make notes.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symtpom diary useful.  Deciding which symptom/s one needs easing first can be wise.  I had flushes for a short while which didn't require any treatment, vaginal atrophy however  >:(  ::) - do have a read of the threads and ask any queries, nowt is taboo! 

[My Bladder etc.] [Emitophobia] put in 'vagainal atrophy' in the search box and read ........  forewarned is forearmed!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »

Hi SEU66

:welcomemm:

You may find that as your cycle weakens and oestrogen levels start to drop that your flushes worsen and at this point you might like to consider replacing this as an oestrogen patch, pill or gel. For the time being - yes read as much as you can from this website about menopause, perhaps look at your lifestyle and see if there is anything you can do to that may be beneficial for your health in future and hopefully the road will not be too rocky for you!

Do join in and ask any questions - which we might be able to help with :)

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:25:53 PM »

Hi SEU666

Taz x  :welcomemm: