Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hemorhoids!  (Read 5994 times)

lizzog

Hemorhoids!
« on: May 19, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »

Well this is a fun way to spend Friday night. Had a dodgy tummy for around a week now- not really horrendous but just a bit off. My restless legs have been really bad and I'm not sleeping so I think my hormones are playing up! Just been to the loo and felt a bump next to my anus which seems to have sprung up out of nowhere! Dr Google says hemorhoids - advice anyone? Whats the best way of getting relief?!

babyjane

Re: Hemorhoids!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 06:10:14 PM »

Ice pack (or frozen peas wrapped in a towel).  Does it itch?  If so don't rub it  :(  Does it hurt or bleed?

There are several over the counter preparations you can buy but the ones with hydrocortisone in need a prescription.

Have a word with the pharmacist at your local Boots or Lloyds or whichever chemist you have.

Try not to get constipated as the straining and hard stool will aggravate it.  That could have cause it to arrive in the first place.

I have had them internally and externally for 37 years and they are manageable on the whole.

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:27:12 PM »

Thanks will try and get to the chemist tomorrow. What causes them? Do they come and go? I think the last time I had them was when I spent a long time sat down revising for exams!! Which was a while ago....

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 07:25:48 PM »

Yes they can come or go. They are just a swollen vein but by God can they hurt...oh and bleed too so don't be shocked if that happens.
BabyJane has suggested frozen peas...yes that great but a bit unweildy. What you can do is take a rubber glove and cut the fingers off. Fill each finger with water and freeze. They hit the spot easier if you get my drift. There was a topic years ago on the forum with some great suggestions and a few good laughs too.
Lots of old jokes.....I've got no money but my mother has piles .... ;D

It's important to get your feet up if you can. That really  takes the swelling down and the creams that BJ has suggested are really good.

Mrs Brown

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »

Who me Sparkle

:whist: :whist: :whist:

Mrs Brown

Mbrown001

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/435748_62081916_mywrite/hemorrhoidremoval.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist although I do know how painful they are.

If you cant laugh though

Hope no one is offended

Mrs Brown

lizzog

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 08:01:44 PM »

Thanks everyone  ;D
Cheered me up if nothing else!

Mbrown001

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 08:04:15 PM »

Love to see you try to do it yourself Sparkle .. ;D ;D :o

Mrs Brown

Mbrown001

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

Eee that picture haha.
You can get supppoisories to pop up if you get my drift to help them xx
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:30:09 PM by Lil22 »

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 08:32:48 PM »

I've got visions of someone bending over with a HRT patch on there bum saying aim fire 😂Xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »

Yep that would be me a few weeks ago, could not get the silly thing to stick I spent most my time searching the house for the stupid thing xxx

Mbrown001

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 09:21:24 AM »

;D

the haemorrhoids are far from funny though.  Hope you find something to help lizzog.

Mbrown001

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »

The creams that you get from the GP usually work the best although I found Anusol Suppositories very good.
I've suffered off and on for years, in fact since I had my son and he is 28 now.

As BJ says they really are no fun.

Mrs Brown
Pages: [1] 2