Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston Conti  (Read 2146 times)

Tezbell

Femoston Conti
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:14 AM »

Morning,  I am needing some advice.  I am 48 and have been taking Femoston Conti for just over a year now after a terrible experience with some other tablets that were prescribed to me incorrectly.  To be fair i have had no problems with them although i have only in the last couple of months stopped having very painful breasts.  I am on the lowest dose 1mg/5mg which suits me but this last month i have missed a pill (forgetting) and since then i have had 2 days of spotting and bad stomach cramps, and then not felt right i.e. sore stomach, headaches and now i am flooding.  Completely out of the blue and feel awful as got terrible period pains, headache, bloated etc.  Have any of you experienced this and do you think this is normal and just to ride it out?

Hurdity

Re: Femoston Conti
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »

Hi Tezbell

The spotting/bleeding etc could be a consequence of the drop in progestogen when you missed a pill. The fact that you are bleeding indicates that you had built up womb lining which is now shedding. Continuous combined HRT is designed ultimately to prevent bleeding after the initial settling in period of time, so the fact that you are bleeding after this time shows that it wasn't doing its job. The other explanation is that it could be a last rogue ovulation or you had some follicular activity which caused your cycle to breakthrough.

To exclude any pathological reason - ie due to fibroids etc and find out if/why you lining has thickened/is shedding - I would suggest you go to the doctor to get checked out. It is most likely as I said above - the balance between oestrogen and progesterone is not quite right for you with this tablet allowing the womb lining to grow a bit too much. If this is the explanation then eventually even without missing a tablet it may well have started to shed erratically and spontaneously if it got too thick.

Obviously I can't say what is happening in your case - and this is only guesswork from my knowledge of how it all works - hence advisable to visit the doc!

Hurdity x

Tezbell

Re: Femoston Conti
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:22 AM »

Thank you so much for the advice Hurdity.  It totally makes sense but as a precaution i will go and see the doctor just to make sure.