Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal discharge  (Read 2584 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Vaginal discharge
« on: May 17, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »

Hi everyone, in the last month of taking Estraderm 25mg & now continuing with Everol 50mg patches I've been getting heavy vaginal discharge, thought it would disappear but it's not, some days are worse than others. Does anyone else suffer and how to deal with it. Thanks x

Hurdity

Re: Vaginal discharge
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »

I would suggest that if it is clear and similar to the normal discharge you used to get when fertile, and does not smell, and you have no pain, temperature or associated soreness then it is likely to be a normal consequence of increasing oestrogen and as such is a good thing! Just wear a panty-liner and be thankful that the oestrogen is doing its job! :)  Many women have the opposite problem - dryness and soreness which is not always resolved even with oestrogen. As always if you are worried consult your doctor.

Hurdity x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »

Thanks Hurdity. In the last few days I've started feeling sore, itchy & discomfort at times and still having the discharge is strange! Will be discussing with GP when I'm due for hrt review x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 03:23:26 PM »

Which is when?  Don't forget there's a Bank Holiday and you may require treatment for vaginal atrophy so ASAP!  Practice Nurse if you can't speak with a GP?

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »

It is probably the mucus the cervix produces when oestrogen goes up.

I used to find it irritating when I had vaginal irritation problems.  The Acti-gel helped.  And the liners that let the air through (but unfortunately let blood through  :-\ )

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 06:19:19 PM »

DITCH liners!  If 1 needs them there is something wrong!  OK for the end of a bleed or if 1 is going out somewhere 'posh', otherwise let the air to it  ;)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 07:56:26 PM »

Thanks CKLD I think it's the start of VA  :'( wouldn't use pads they are irritating, was glad to get rid of them to my sister after hysterectomy. Just checked review isn't till July but have dr's appt booked for next week.