Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hot flushes/flashes what do you do?  (Read 3964 times)

Butterfly22

Hot flushes/flashes what do you do?
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »

We'll I'm mortified, just been to the doctors luckly not many people in there as I got a really bad hot flush, so I dabbed my face with a tissue. I looked in the mirror after tens mins just to check and had big pieces of tissue stuck to my face 😳
Anyway hopefully when I'm sorted on a HRT it will stop but apart from stripping naked what helps you with a hot flush xx

Butterfly22

Re: Hot flushes/flashes what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »

Hey Stellajane,
Your right, the weird thing is though my body is normally ice cold, I've always been a sweaty Betty but my hands and feet are always like ice, I feel the cold terrible to the point I think my bones are frozen 😩
I was getting annoyed with HRT but now seeing how much it's helped over the years I def can't wait to get back on it.
I'll hold on booking a naturist holiday for the moment 😂
Thank you xx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:33:46 PM »

It's a pain isn't it Lil. I wear cotton shirts usually with the cuffs undone and a toggle around my wrist ready to tie up my hair when I need to. I don't think I've worn a sweater more than twice this winter, I kid you not! Actually I bought a number of cape/scarves that I sling off and on as needed. I also keep a greeting card in my handbags with which i fan myself if nec (the tubes are my nightmare, always so hot!).

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »

It's awful isn't it. I carry my strip off wardrobe in my car as I set off normally in appropriate wear them down to t shirt then vest top then frozen so Cardigan on then down to my bra in the house with my fan on full...my sons thought I'd list the plot years ago now I've well and truly lost it lol..they have seen more of me in undies these last 4 years than ever before.poor sods I'll scar them for life 😁

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

It's a pain isn't it Lil. I wear cotton shirts usually with the cuffs undone and a toggle around my wrist ready to tie up my hair when I need to. I don't think I've worn a sweater more than twice this winter, I kid you not! Actually I bought a number of cape/scarves that I sling off and on as needed. I also keep a greeting card in my handbags with which i fan myself if nec (the tubes are my nightmare, always so hot!).

Omg the tubes must be, which makes it worse as always packed then you think everyone is looking like what's up with her.
A card is going in my bag, that's a fab tip as really will help. It's so crazy when they come on I've not had them for years but as been messing around with different HRT last month or two they are back with a vengeance. My hair was actually quite wet and stuck to my head 😩Xxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:02:46 PM »

It's awful isn't it. I carry my strip off wardrobe in my car as I set off normally in appropriate wear them down to t shirt then vest top then frozen so Cardigan on then down to my bra in the house with my fan on full...my sons thought I'd list the plot years ago now I've well and truly lost it lol..they have seen more of me in undies these last 4 years than ever before.poor sods I'll scar them for life 😁

Oh god they will never understand will they! Just think we are mad haha.
I've said it a few times when I've been out "oh god I'm having a hot flush" and people say oh you won't be your to young! I'm like yer I started the menopause at 25 believe me I'm having a hot flush 😂😂😂xxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »

Haha Lil, I have no shame. If anyone stares I normally say or mouth 'hot flush'. I utterly refuse to be cowed in public by what a major percentage of middle aged women are struggling with!! What we have to put up with!  :hotflash:

Butterfly22

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »

Haha we should have badges, back off back of, hot flush in process do not say a word 😂😂😂😂xxx

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 03:26:40 PM »

For a few years I could only wear cotton, no man made fabrics at all so I would wear layers that could be shed easily whilst preserving dignity - vest, short sleeved shirt and cotton cardi with linen trousers/jeans.  This winter just gone is the first time in quite a few years that I have been able to wear what I describe as 'normal' winter attire.  Even my winter jumpers and fleecy jogging bottoms came out a few time and we had the heating on a decent level too plus the cosy duvet.  My poor, patient, longsuffering and supportive (but shivering) husband breathed a sigh of relief  :)

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »

Ah bless him, I actually go to bed with a hot water bottle and a huge fan blowing on me. Mind the last few nights I've not had the hottie on me as sweating in the night to. Xxx

Scoral

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 06:17:51 PM »

OMG I know!!  I have wooden fans (in all colours) which I carry everywhere and come out wherever I am, I don't care anymore.  Once in the theatre I was sitting next to a guy who started tutting when I was discretely fanning myself.  I actually don't know how I didn't say anything, although had I said anything it would have been a bit rude!
But at night is definitely the worst, I can't actually remember sleeping the whole night for absolutely ages.  I have fan plugged in by my bed which goes on with a timer.  Sometimes it's fine other times I think I've cooled down, pull the duvet back on and immediately start heating up again, so annoying.
Anyway, unfortunately I can't take HRT or most of the herbal remedies due to medication following a Liver Transplant ... so I just get hot and sweaty ..... yuk, so fed up with it all.
I have a marvellous husband who is very sympathetic and helpful.   

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 06:17:56 PM »

No one should be ashamed to be a menopausal woman - we rock  :great:

and it is up to us to show the upcoming generation is is nothing to be ashamed of and it is a very real thing.

Hello scoral, welcome to the menopausal madhouse :)  are you going to introduce yourself in the new members section  :welcomemm:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:19:54 PM by babyjane »

Butterfly22

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 06:18:36 PM »

Haha in the moment you just don't care do you!
Yes I think my hottie is a comfort thing as even on boiling hot nights I've taken it to bed, I've taken it last few nights but same as you left it beside me not on me haha.
Glad it's not just me.
Xxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »

OMG I know!!  I have wooden fans (in all colours) which I carry everywhere and come out wherever I am, I don't care anymore.  Once in the theatre I was sitting next to a guy who started tutting when I was discretely fanning myself.  I actually don't know how I didn't say anything, although had I said anything it would have been a bit rude!
But at night is definitely the worst, I can't actually remember sleeping the whole night for absolutely ages.  I have fan plugged in by my bed which goes on with a timer.  Sometimes it's fine other times I think I've cooled down, pull the duvet back on and immediately start heating up again, so annoying.
Anyway, unfortunately I can't take HRT or most of the herbal remedies due to medication following a Liver Transplant ... so I just get hot and sweaty ..... yuk, so fed up with it all.
I have a marvellous husband who is very sympathetic and helpful.

Ah no so you have to ride this out, I was talking to someone at pilates and she swears by sage tablets, have you tried these?
I'm definatly popping a card in my bag to fan myself but I'll be on the look out for a fan.
It's awful in the winter when you sweat in the night and you wet but it's cold.
Hope yours settle xxxx and welcome just seen its your first post 😀😘

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

No one should be ashamed to be a menopausal woman - we rock  :great:

and it is up to us to show the upcoming generation is is nothing to be ashamed of and it is a very real thing.

Hello scoral, welcome to the menopausal madhouse :)  are you going to introduce yourself in the new members section  :welcomemm:

To right, luckly my daughter has only known me menopausal so she won't feel uncomfortable I hope, just pray she doesn't go through it early to but I'm sure she won't. Xxx
Pages: [1] 2