Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Breast pain  (Read 2062 times)

Smokey

Breast pain
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »

Does anyone have breast pain I have it on and off in one breast and am in peri.  I am on Hrt Mirena Coil and oestrogel.

Could it be hormonal?

Ann x

Cassie

Re: Breast pain
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »

Yes in my left breast comes and goes sometimes  have it for weeks on end, having a good run @ the moment with no pain, definitely mine is hormonal, have had a mammogram, think its the oestrogel that causes it.

Megamind

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »

Me too. I'm in peri, not on HRT and I get it mostly in my left breast. Have had mammograms, all OK. I presume it's hormonal.

Occasionally they both hurt but mostly it's just the left breast.

Smokey

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »

Thanks ladies

I have been trying to get the right oestrogel dose  2 pumps not enough 2 1/2
Still not enough however 3 pumps too much as I then did have breast pain so reduced back to 2 1/2  in last couple of days but breast pain still lingers.

It's so difficult to get a constant dose of 2 3/4. 

Any ideas?

Ann x

Optimist

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:14 PM »

I'm taking starflower for this (1200mg) and it really helps, saying that they're quite sore at present not sure why! Not had this for a while ...oh the joy! 😄

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »

Just reduced my gel back to 2 1/2 and no breast pain so I'll be stayed at that dose from now on and see how long it takes for flushes to return!

Optimist - I shall try the starflower if they return,thanks for that.

I've turned 51 now and wondered why I've not had a letter asking me to have a Mamagram ! I thought the age was 50 when you got one, is this the NHS cutting back?

Ann x

Jenna

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 11:07:18 AM »

Hi Smokey - the NHS website says this about mammograms:

"When will I be offered breast screening?
Breast screening is currently offered to women aged 50-70 in England. However, the NHS is in the process of extending the programme as a trial, offering screening to some women aged 47-73.
You will first be invited for screening between your 50th and 53rd birthday, although in some areas you'll be invited from the age of 47 as part of the trial extension of the programme.
You may be eligible for breast screening before the age of 50 if you have a higher-than-average risk of developing breast cancer (for more information, read 'If you have a family history of breast cancer')."

So no need to worry!

Megamind

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 11:42:07 AM »

I thought you got invited on your 50th birthday?

I was called as part of the trial on my 47th birthday! Then i changed GP Practice which came under a different council borough and got called again as part of the trial a year later so i've now had 2 and wont get called again until i'm 51.

dahliagirl

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »

It is a bizarre system where they get a list from the GP of women who are eligible, invite for screening, returning to that GP on a three year cycle.  This has to somehow take into account people moving areas and GPs without them going more than 36 months without an invite.

It means that women are eligible from 50 but may not be actually invited until they are 53, depending at what stage in the cycle the GP surgery is.  There is also some sort of trial that I am in (but was never told about  ::) ) where 50% of the women in an area are invited from 47.

This means that I have been screened at 48, 51(with follow up) and will be screened again shortly before I turn 54 (as the cycle was less than 36 months).  However, a friend at a different surgery was diagnosed with breast cancer after noticing a suspicious change, 2 months before her 53rd birthday and has never been invited for screening.

I wouldn't panic, as it not essential to be screened, and most women do not get breast cancer.  However, if you are a little bit suspicious about anything, go to the GP and ask for a referral to the breast clinic with no faffing around.  They are really good at making sure something is not breast cancer.  Actually, you should do this even if you have been screened and you have a lump, puckering etc.