Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Light headeness  (Read 2198 times)

Nix47

Light headeness
« on: May 09, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »

I am a 47 years old and have been suffering with light headeness on and off for nearly a year. At present I've had it for 4 months with fatigue. I've had various blood tests and seen a ENT consultant. All clear. I generally do not feel well. I do suffer with heart palpitations and anxiety. Help? Is constant light headeness/ brain fog a symptom of the perimenopausal?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Light headeness
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »

:welcomemm:  yep, could well be!

As oestrogen levels drop so the muscles may become lax = aches and pains, also the body may dry i.e. deep in the ears, itchy eyes, vaginal dryness, skin itching .........

Have you had your VitD levels and thyroid function tests recently, apparently both can cause tiredness. 

I have a nerve in the back of my neck which when I move suddenly it feel lightheaded, enough to go 'oh!'  ::)

Browse round, make notes!

Megamind

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »

I get this at different times of the month.

Have a look at this list and you will see the amont of things that can be caused by peri menopause.

http://www.34-menopause-symptoms.com/

As CLKD says, get your Vit D levels checked as I had fatigue and turned out my levels were low, so I took supplements.

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

This was one of my first symptoms and the 2 things that flagged up on bloods were:

Menopause!!!
Low b12

So pop along and ask for complete blood count (inc b12/folate) and hormones

Don't forget to get a copy of your results, you may be charged 10p-50p per copy but nice to have in your keeping for future reference x

Mrs. Boofy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »

Yes, I suffer from all that you mentioned.  It's a rough existence sometimes. Hang in there, you are not alone!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »

Hi Nix47

:welcomemm:

Glad you've joined us :)

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 10:10:05 PM »

Welcome Nix47 :welcomemm:  you've come to the right place ;)
DaisyB x

Bootz8389

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Hi, I get light headedness, all the time, put it down to the fact that I have low blood pressure, but I think it is another symptom.  Some times of the month it is worse than others...I have just started taking B12 vitamins, waiting for blood results from the GP.

Welcome :)