Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT & frequent urination  (Read 3789 times)

Lucyjo

HRT & frequent urination
« on: May 09, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »

Does anyone know if any hrt would help with my need to urinate all the time?
It is so embarrassing - 3 visits to the loo just to get round supermarket!
Up at least 4 times through the night - often more.
Thanks

Nellie Noo

Re: HRT & frequent urination
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

Well as i am going through problems with frequency and urgency at the moment ( amongst other things 😬) vagifem has been a life saver .! Also on hrt and cant imagine how much worse it would be if i wasnt on it 😳x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »

Drink plenty.  The kidneys work more if the body isn't hydrated.
Make sure that your bladder is emptying properly.
Read our threads about vaginal atrophy.  This mimics bladder infection type symptoms i.e. irritation, the need to pee often. 

Artmouse

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 02:41:49 PM »

I've got this problem, especially at night, and neither systemic HRT or Vagifem have made a difference so far.  Even did a two week re-load and it's just as bad.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 02:54:48 PM »

Lucyjo
Get some local oestrogen for a start - the bladder has oestrogen receptors and local oestrogen could well help. You could need some help with bladder training - so ask your GP about this. AS others have said - do drink enough water and avoid caffeine - caffeine is an irritant for the bladder. DG x

Ljp

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:13:57 AM »

I have had frequency and urgency for years, started in peri meno, before I even knew anything about vaginal atrophy!....that's now been troublesome for over a year and flares up despite using systemic HRT and estring internally, and estriole cream externally and emu oil, and having spent a small fortune on a course of Mona lisalassr treatment, things are better, but susceptible to flare ups at any time 🙁 it's for life unfortunately

I was on vesicare to help bladder, it did help a bit, used it daily for over a year, possibly two ( I forget to be honest)....but bladder is always worse when my VA is bad, ( sore/burning/irritated/rashy/****ly)

Recently I've come off the vesicare as it caused a tickly cough, I've been using Kegel connes daily to tone my pelvic floor, and urgency abd frequency have improved, hoping thus at least, improves things a bit.....menopause is miserable when you suffer VA and bladder issues