Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 2834 times)

Ody70

Help needed
« on: May 14, 2017, 12:33:03 AM »

Hello I'm new here and need some advice, I have had hot flushes for 2 years and anxiety went to the doctors 3 times in those 2 years, they did blood tests, first try said hormones are showing I was menopausal, doctor said nothing and let me go! Second time I was told they look ok and third time back to menopausal,
This time I was offered anti depressants but I hated them and opted for HRT I was put in prempac for one month but that is now discontinued, second month on elleste 1mg , both months I've been a wreck! Crying, anxiety feeling very angry and just basically depressed!
I asked the doctor about patches but she said they don't do a patch that has the estrogen plus progesterone?? I have booked in for June, I'll be on my second month of elleste and I'm hoping she can put me on something else! Im a single mum and I'm struggling as have no one , been having suicidal thoughts also x

Ody70

Re: Help needed
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 12:34:27 AM »

Forgot to mention I'm 46 and had an ablation 8 years ago so don't have periods x

doolou

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 06:09:21 AM »

Hi Ody70. I have just started Evorel Conti which is a combined continuous patch. There are also Femseven Conti patches, but I hear that some women have problems making them stick? I suppose it depends where you are? I'm in the UK. Hope this helps. It is a nightmare isn't it? I'm sure you will get more information and support from the ladies on this site, don't feel alone. Also it can take 3 months to get into your system properly. Hugs x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »

Hi Ody70

:welcomemm:

First of all please do get some help and someone to talk to if you are having suicidal thoughts - there are many agencies and charities that can help you when you feel like this as I expect you are aware. You will also find plenty of support from women on this forum and a listening ear any time you want to chat about something that's bothering you or for virtual hand-holding if you need it.

Your doc is talking absolute rubbish and yet another ignorant GP - she only has to know about this website and look at the preparations and they are listed for all to see. Go to the top tabs - Treatments/HRT preparations and look for peri-menopause (I presume your periods haven't stopped yet?) and you will see the two patches listed which doolou refers to. Evorel sequi has the same progestogen in as Elleste so if you felt rough during the second two weeks of the tablets then this one may not be for you (although the dose is lower in the patches).

Also I agree with doolou that 3 months is the minimum to see if it works for you and to decide whether to change - but if you would prefer transdermal (patch) HRT then this is a reasonable request - I have never taken oral HRT and my doc respected this choice from the start.

Failing all of this there are separate oestrogen only patches (or gel) which can be taken with progesterone itself (Utrogestan) and you will see these listed under HRT preparations too.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on :)

:bighug:

Hurdity x

Ody70

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:42:56 PM »

Thank you ladies,
well I'm on the second month now and still feel awful, this is not me at all, put weight on, feel sluggish, just cant be bothered with anything! I will continue with this second month and see how I go, I just feel its going to be a struggle trying to find the right HRT for me :( 3 months I've been at it , I just want me back again :( xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »

It's The Change.  Sometimes this can hit a lady suddenly so she loses self control, body self image alters, at a time when she wants support and advice from the medics it sadly isn't there.

The MIND Charity have walk-in clinics/meetings so do send your local Branch an e-mail to see where they hold their get togethers and what time - my local Branch was very helpful and supportive via e-mail when my friend died suddenly 17 months ago.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful too. Have a browse round, make notes.

doolou

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:07 AM »

Hi again.  I too have had problems for about a year finding one that suits.  I stuck with Evorel Conti for a few days,  constant headaches,  crying, anxiety,  thinking what's the point.  Took patch off, and went back to the doctors seeking AD's instead.  My GP pointed out that all the combined preparations I have tried so far have had norethisterone, this is progesterone part apparently,   and this I obviously don't get on with.  I now have the Femseven Conti patches to try,  fingers crossed I can make them stick. They have levonogestrel as the progesterone bit,  so am hoping I will get on  with these.  This is the 7th type I've tried so far, and my Gp has got plan B......or whatever we're up to!  I hope you get the help you need,  which is finding a GP with knowledge and understanding or a menopause clinic in your area.  I was ready to give up yesterday.  Hugs x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »

Hi Ody70

If by the time you get to your appointment in June (which I presume will be around 3 months on this HRT type?) then yes do ask for a change. Do your homework on the different types that have been suggested - from the Treatments tab up top (if you want a patch) and then ask for it.

Please let us know how you get on and do keep posting!

Hurdity x

Ody70

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 03:43:49 PM »

hello everyone,
I went to see the doctor today and she has prescribed me femoston 2/10 i think, chemist had none in so collecting them tomorrow, she mentioned it was none bleed conti, i'm saying its 2/10 as she mentioned she would up my dose? so three months in trying prempac and elleste now trying femoston......just want to feel happy again  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:57:30 PM »

Have a long chat with the Pharamist who may know more what is on the market - they have private rooms so do ask!  How has your mental health been?

sally25666

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »

Hi how are you feeling now xx