Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Period pains most of the month  (Read 1429 times)

jorainbow

Period pains most of the month
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:02:25 AM »

Hi all. Still waiting for the meno clinic HRT prescription to land at my GP (one says sent other says not received). >:( One thing I'm noticing is fluctuating period pains which come and go but are worse when I feel at my lowest and most anxious. When I don't have them I feel better (ish!). Just another symptom of hormones??? Beginning of the week I slept like a baby and appetite better - mood good no pain. Last 2 nights anxious waking,  weepy and shattered and feel like my period will start. Not due for 20 days (by usually cycle)Hoping when I get the HRT this will help x

Salad

Re: Period pains most of the month
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 12:31:54 PM »

Really empathise with the non-stop period pain - have doctors ruled out gynae problems such as Adenomyosis?

Hope you feel better soon  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 12:33:47 PM »

I haven't had a period for 15+ years but occasionally I get period-like 'pain' and think 'oh no, not after all this time!' but it doesn't come to anything.  Do you take pain relief?

cubagirl

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »

I was like that for about a year. Really grumpy as a result, I was becoming a pain to live with. Referral to gynae & a hysterectomy was the result in my case. Not saying you'll need a hysterectomy jorainbow, but maybe need more tests.

jorainbow

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »

Thank you - Last scan a couple of years back showed fibroids and polycystic ovaries so may ask for another. I do take painkillers CKLD but only if unbearable.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »

Take them B4 the pain gets too much!