Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 1241 times)

wend123

Motivation
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:54:58 AM »

Hi all,
My motivation has taken a real dip, I am sleeping better than I was so not feeling as tired but I am struggling to motivate myself to do anything. It doesn't help as it is the summer hols and I am not working and most of my friends are. I set out with good intentions but then, well just can't be bothered, even doing things I used to enjoy seems so much effort. I sound a real grump!  Anyone else got this feeling???

Ju Ju

Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:04 AM »

What do you need to be motivated about? Perhaps what you need is to look after yourself, chill out and do nothing! Just be, breathe and take some time out and de-stress. Forget all the 'shoulds' in life and don't feel guilty. What helps you relax? Reading, looking at the flowers, watching tv, listening to music? You have nothing to prove. Just enjoy being you!

Hurdity

Re: Motivation
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »

I agree - do make the most of your summer hols and relax as much as you need to before you go back to work! I presume you are in education so will need the rest?

Decreased motivation I found is part and parcel of menopause - with the dampening of hormones there can be a decreased zest for life - not depression or anything remotely like that, but not that excited urge to do things and new things (even though I still do new things and activities and enjoy them) - and this is despite taking HRT! Things are on much more of an even keel since menopause - which may not be a bad thing as I don't get angry and upset so easily either!

It's important to make yourself do things if you can though - make lists - if you are a listmaker - for things you need to do -  and then as Ju Ju says just try to relax at other times if you can :)

Hurdity x