Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: The Road Less Travelled  (Read 78939 times)

Tempest

Re: The Road Less Travelled
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2017, 10:56:30 AM »

Agreed, Alberte! :)

How are you today, my dear? xxxxx

Otes73

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:24 AM »

My mum had a hysterectomy at 40, kept ovaries started HRT at 45. She's 61 now and has just been diagnosed with oestoporosis and so has her sister age 57.

Just shows that HRT isn't always going to protect the bones?!

Finding alternative hormone free solutions for mind and body must be out there somewhere as there are so many women that can't/don't want to take HRT.

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow Tempest.
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2017, 11:27:07 AM »

G'day ladies.  Hope you're all well. 
Good luck tomorrow Tempest xxx

babyjane

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »

Did your Mum have a total hysterectomy Babyjane, with ovaries removed?

She had endometriosis. She told me they left her half an ovary and part of her uterus to anchor the partial ovary just in case it continued to produce some oestrogen but from what I remember of her during my childhood, and what I know now, I suspect she was menopausal from the moment of her operation, when I was three.  It would have been better if they had removed it all because she told me in later years that the bits they left caused her nothing but bother.

Strangely she was 38 and I was also 38 when I had my hysterectomy.   She had me by caesarean for face presentation and I had my daughter by caesarean for face presentation.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:35:55 AM by babyjane »

Otes73

« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2017, 11:38:32 AM »

She had one ovary removed the other functioned for 3 years before she got menopausal symptoms.

She didn't have endometriosis. Unlike me that's covered in it  :'(

X

Tempest

« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »

Thank you so much for the good luck wishes, Otes and Annie. Otes, I really feel for you! This is why we need an Endo. thread if you're up to starting one. xxxxx

We do follow the same pattern as our Mums don't we Babyjane? My Mum had a radical hysterectomy at 42 due to cancer. She had a horrific menopause, bless her heart. I so wish we had something like MM back then, but of course it was pre internet days. The only time she ever had support was when Nana came on a Sunday for tea and they used to sit and chat for hours. Her sister sailed through her natural menopause though and didn't want to know. I can't imagine treating your own sister that way! :'( xxxxx

Menomale

« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »

Hello ladies,

Hope you're all feeliing better! I have had many of the symptoms you've described since perimenopause began, still have my womb and ovaries, I'm not on this road yet, only tried HRT for 3 months and gave up, but eventually I will have to try it again (severe hot flushes day and night). I wish you all get an answer soon and find a way to deal with this.

The immune system connection is one of many possible explanations that should be investigated. DaisyB just posted an interesting article on Hashimoto's disease.

I've not been posting for a while since my eyesight problems got worse these last couple of months and typing/reading makes me dizzy and headachey. Miiss you all!

XXX

edelweiss

« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2017, 07:13:46 PM »

Hello everyone - and hello again Menomale it's been a while. Lovely to see you on here.

I've been less of a nutcase today and saw a friend too - we actually went out  :o

I hope everyone has been feeling better today. Thinking of you all and sending love

Really huge good luck to you for tomorrow Tempest - hope it goes very well xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »

Yo Menomale!  Good to see you again ! X

Annie0710

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2017, 07:54:46 PM »

Hi Lil

Bless your heart, that's awful it's happened to you so young

What hrt are you taking now, if any? And how old are you ?

Please, don't ever feel you can't ask a question, if you don't know the answer to something, it's not a silly question xxx

Tempest

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2017, 07:56:51 PM »

You are very welcome to join us here, Lil! A huge welcome from me.  :)

Gosh - you've really had a tough time! I know I've been reading your posts over time about your struggles with ME as well as trying to juggle HRT - it's a really tough one and not helped by HRT's that keep being discontinued! >:(

Please feel free to join in any time - vent, ask questions, share theories! We're a very friendly group of ladies here.

Hugs,

Tempest xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2017, 08:08:14 PM »

:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

MENOMALE!!!!!!! Wow, it's wonderful to hear from you! I'm so sorry your eyes are bothering you - I hope this is just another phase of menopause! Damn those flushes too! I've just had a thought as you're open to lots of things - do you have pycogenol in Brazil (French Maritime Bark)? Go and take a look at the research. You might be impressed! It is reported to not only be good for hot flushes, but has proven to perform well in treating eye conditions.

Just a thought! ;)

Sending you biggest hugs, as always! xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »

Edelweiss, I'm so glad you had a better day today - yay!!  AND you went out!!  That's brilliant!:)

Moods? I've got 'em. Massive mood swings today - did you send them to me instead?  ;) Thank you so much for the good luck wishes for tomorrow.  xxxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2017, 08:22:02 PM »

You are very welcome to join us here, Lil! A huge welcome from me.  :)

Gosh - you've really had a tough time! I know I've been reading your posts over time about your struggles with ME as well as trying to juggle HRT - it's a really tough one and not helped by HRT's that keep being discontinued! >:(

Please feel free to join in any time - vent, ask questions, share theories! We're a very friendly group of ladies here.

Hugs,

Tempest xxxxx

Thank you so much it means a lot to have others support xxxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2017, 08:24:34 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow Tempest, hope you get somewhere xxx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24