Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24

Author Topic: The Road Less Travelled  (Read 78955 times)

dazned

Re: The Road Less Travelled
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »

:hug: for you Tempest

Hope you improve during the day

edelweiss

« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2017, 10:09:25 AM »

Oh Lord no Tempest, I am so damn sorry to hear that. I'm sorry sweetheart I really am.

Remember Liz who visited you the other day? You are going to get through this too. We all are.

So much love to you xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »

Aw Tempest 😢

I'm aching bad this past week, more than I have before and the muscle cramps, mostly hips feet and toes, are horrible, makes me wary moving the damn limbs xx

babyjane

« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2017, 10:21:59 AM »

That lady, Liz, I am only 2 years younger than her and I can honestly say things are a lot better than they were 2 years ago, not on her level but I sleep now, 7 hours straight through most nights instead of 3 hours on a good night.  Hot flushes few and far between and not overwhelming when they do appear. Energy better but not what it was (I am 60 not 40) and moods on an even keel (most of the time).  I have learned a lot about myself this last year too and I almost like myself now.

We don't go back to what we were but there is definitely life after menopause.  I chose not to use HRT for mine so I can't attribute it to that either.

Butterfly22

« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2017, 10:25:19 AM »

Morning I've just done a morning baking your all welcome to come and sample 😀
Babyjane I was like that, my daughter said to me when she was seven what's your laugh like which broke my heart, but since I met my partner 9 years ago I spend most my time laughing.
Tempest so sorry to hear that, hope you are ok sending hugs xxx

babyjane

« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »

I am learning to let myself laugh  ;D

Tempest

« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2017, 03:04:52 PM »

Thank you all so much for your kindness and support - it's truly appreciated! xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2017, 04:33:01 PM »

How are feeling now Tempest ? Xx

Tempest

« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2017, 04:56:32 PM »

I've had the weirdest day, Annie! Actually - it started last night with all that I mentioned but today I've been in a deep brain fog and the normal doom feelings that happen at the same time every day didn't show up. I jolly well hope it hasn't all switched over to night time now!  :o

I'll keep you posted later, if sane enough to type........xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »

Big hugs Tempest, let's hope you have a relaxing evening and a peaceful sleep tonight xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2017, 06:15:08 PM »

So pleased you are babyjane

And I hope you are ok Tempest xxx

Tempest

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

Thank you, Annie and Lil! Oh - and please don't think I'm ignoring your lovely, kind PM'S, ladies - I can view them but can't reply on my blessed phone!  >:( DS has had to borrow my I Pad AGAIN - I swear that young man eats techie devices, I really don't know how he manages it! I think its because he leaves his at friends/work/godknowswhere.

When he turns 21, I'm putting a ban on borrowing Mum's stuff - so he's got precisely a month and a half to start adulting and remembering where he left things (any future wife/partner will thank me - men are ALWAYS losing/misplacing things and then expect wives or partners to remember where they left them)! :o xxxxx

babyjane

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »

My son was the world's worst till his mid 20s when he became a father, then his relationship broke down.  He is now in a lovely relationship and his child is now a teenager.  He has made a great job of it all, so they do grow up and if you underpin them with unconditional love but don't cling too tightly they do learn and fly the nest when they are ready.  Sounds like you are doing a good job with yours Tempest and Lil x

Tempest

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2017, 12:00:10 PM »

Thank you, BJ.  :) Your son sounds like he has turned out to be a wonderful Father!

My son is fab apart from the habit of misplacing things. :) He has a great deal of empathy for others and has helped some of his friends out of some tough times in a very mature way. I'm so proud of him!  :love: xxxxx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2017, 12:48:36 PM »

Hello ladies- I've been away and your chocolate replies had me giggling this morning ( no mean feat)
I was looking for some advice please?
HRT started 19 months ago with Elleste Duet ( both strengths) then got switched to cyclical therapy with Kliovance and then Everol conti.
In desperation went to see consultant privately 3 months ago and he prescribed oestrogel and cyclical utrogestan with the possibility of adding in some testim at a later stage. I thought I had won a watch but it became quite apparent that something wasn't agreeing with me ( low mood, palpitations, insomnia,headaches, itchy bumpy skin ) . So e mailed consultant and asked if I could try taking Utrogestan every other day. He said yes or I could switch to taking 200mg vaginally from days 14-28. Tried the former for a week- I was all over the place and just about to go on holiday so I've been taking oestrogel only  2 pumps daily ( still minor rashes and joint/ muscle pains) . Even although I should have added in the Utrogestan with 4 days of my holiday still to go, I really couldn't face it so started taking it on Friday. Last night was awful, a really bad burning itchy rash from the knees up all over my body. So yet another night of very little sleep ( my DHs snoring for the 12 nights we were away hasn't helped though) I feel weepy, exhausted, totally done in to be honest and although I'm due to see the consultant again in a few weeks, I'm not sure that I can take the HRT merry go round much longer. I have two questions for you lovely ladies:

1 Do you think it's worth going to see him again? ( he's talking about a Mirena but I'm 57 this year so not sure if this is what I want or need. he's also mentioned the H word although he says it's a big step and would need careful consideration) I went to him as my GP practice is useless.
2 Can you come off HRT cold turkey or does it have to be tapered off?

I'm sitting here feeling ghastly , my heart beating fast and I've scratches everywhere as I clawed myself to pieces last night. I also look about 110. So much for a relaxing holiday!  >:(
Sorry for being grumpy- I just need a hug x
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24