Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti Patch - Success stories please  (Read 14046 times)

CherryC

Evorel Conti Patch - Success stories please
« on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »

Hi, considering switching HRT and would love to hear of any success stories with Evorel Conti Patch 50 please. I have read several people have problems with mood on the progesterone side and also with bleeding. Would be great to hear some positive experiences or reasonably good? Thanks!

PoF

Re: Evorel Conti Patch - Success stories please
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:19:04 PM »

I have been on this for 5 years.  I had premature ovarian failure in my late 30s so have to take HRT and have no choice really.   These patches are the only ones I have ever tried.

I can't really say one way or the other, BUT
1. I get very few sweats or flushes of any kind - almost none; and if I do then it's only the odd one every so often, which is very easy to cope with and my sleep is very good
2 I find them extremely convenient and easy to use and remember
3 I have no problems at all with bleeding as I only get a bleed every few months and it is very light and not at all a problem
4 I have absolutely no problems with weight gain at all on them
5 I have almost no problems with mood swings on them, as far as I can tell

I have experienced some palpitations /adrenalin surges though since using them - mild, but a bit worrying at the time but nothing major
I often feel quite tired in the progesterone phase
I have experienced some panic attacks and anxiety BUT I think that was a period of  general stress / panic.   It was rather a problem for me for six months but I persevered and overcame them with cognitive behaviour therapy; they could have been 'general menopause' issues anyway, not just the patches
I have experienced some vertigo though as well and am about to search this up on the forum

My MAIN issue with them though is headaches.  They DEFINITELY give me PMT-type headaches in the progesterone phase (I just posted on this issue before this post).  These headaches are hugely irritating and can be unpleasant BUT I have always been very prone to headaches and am used to them. But it's irritating none the less.  Mostly the headaches will be fixed with normal pain killers but sometimes they do persist for three days or so and once the headache gets going it will remain for a few days and this really gets me down when it happens. ALSO it's NOT every month either - often for 3-4 months i'll have no problems, then for a couple of months I will experience headaches, and then the next few months are ok.

so all I can say is perhaps if you are someone who is prone to headaches, then these patches might bring them on, but everyone is different so who knows.

so my general assessment is I've had a mostly positive experience - not perfect given that menopause is not exactly the most fun thing in life, but i'd say give it a go to test out.  8) :D

vickypk

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »

Hi CherryC
I have been using the Evorel conti patch for 2 years, I'm fine with it and have 2 friends that use it and they are good also.
Hope you are okay and good luck
Vickypk xx

CherryC

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:40:55 PM »

Many thanks for the replies - I am still weighing things up but it's good to hear how others have got on with this. I will report back at a later date. Thank you again for taking the time to reply! xx

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:34:28 PM »

I've just started using it sonabout 3 months in.
I have the Evorel conti 50.
Any flushes I had before vanished.
It has given me pmt type headaches back, annoyingly. Oh and low moods and I can cry for England now.
I can see no benefits at all so far but I'm doing it solely for my bones I know I must just put up with what it gives me.

Heidi1

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:53:11 AM »

Hi Cherry C
You sent me a pm recently- but for some reason this site won't let me pm you back sadly. I really want to reply and help. I will try and do it as a new post. Best regards Heidi1 x