Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Headaches only when on the Evorel Conti part of the "Evorel Sequi" box  (Read 5434 times)

Nickie

Hi - does anyone have any idea what I can do about the Evorel Conti patches (part of the Sequi box set) causing headaches?  I'm in my 6th month on these HRT patches which contain two sets of different patches - two weeks on Evorel 50 and two weeks on Evorel Conti. I have two good weeks on the 50, but  I now dread the last two weeks.  Many thanks.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 07:06:55 PM by Nickie »

Waterdaggers

I think you would probably be best off going back to your GP and asking for a different HRT. I tried these patches and couldn't get on with the Conti part either.

PoF

oh yes yes yes!!!!   I totally AGREE - I posted here a few months ago, or maybe a year ago about EXACTLY the same problem.    I've always been a headachy person and get a headache at the drop of a hat ever since my 20s.

But for me it's exactly true that on the SECOND two weeks I get those nasty niggling sickly PMT - type headaches and I was sure it related to the monthly cycles of the HRT patches.   I thought I was the only one and it's such a relief to hear someone else say the same thing. I have been on the patches about 5 years and essentially I quite like them.  However, the downside for me is indeed the progesterone. 70% of the time it's OK, but every few months I WILL get these nasty migrainey type headaches and then I vow to go to my doctor and get them changed to another HRT. Having said that, my local surgery is so overloaded it's impossible to get an appointment, so I've been lazy and not done anything about it.  Then i'll have a few months being OK, and then i'll have a month or two when I get the headache in the last two weeks of the cycle.  THe advice on the forum was indeed to change the HRT to another type - if my surgery had free appointments, i'd have tried to have done that as it sounds like a good idea.

it's unpleasant ..... yet another burden to bear!  I use HRT as I had premature menopause in my late 30s so have to use it.