News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1355 times)

Aggie

Hello
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »

Hi Ladies...

I joined last night as you seem a knowledgeable bunch and just wondering if you can point me to the best threads for BHRT to save you repeating yourselves.

My main question at present is how easy or difficult is it to get it via the NHS.  I wouldn't ever be prescribed conventional HRT (and nor would I want it!) as I've had a small issue with DCIS abnormal breast cells, and the GP said no anyway.

I have enquired with a private doctor who has said yes, but from what I've read so far it's bloody expensive and not as straight forward as getting a prescription and all symptoms being alleviated and then living happily ever after!  :(

Thanks for reading  :)

Lizab

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »

Hello and wecome! I'm not in the UK but until someone comes along, the estrogen patches and Utrogestan are bio identical and I believe several ladies on this forum get them by NHS. Here in the US, bio identical is usually used to describe compounded creams, but the patches and micronized progesterone in Utrogestan/Prometrium are the same natural hormones. I believe all the Prem- tablets by mouth are synthetic. There is a "Treatment" tab under the menu at the top of the page. It lists different preparations available. Also, there is a "search" box which you can use to find mentions within all the threads.

Aggie

Re: Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »

Hi thanks for your reply 😄.  I will have a look at the treatment tab.  Haven't really had a chance to explore the site properly yet but it looks as though it's a very comprehensive source of info.  So pleased to have found it.  🙏