Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help please..is there an hrt without withdrawal bleeds?  (Read 1831 times)

Cirhossa1

Help please..is there an hrt without withdrawal bleeds?
« on: May 11, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »

Hi there,

I'm 45, had no natural bleeds for over a year and have tried three types of hrt.

My womb is intact and without hrt the mood swings and hot flushes are killing me.

The problem is my withdrawal bleeds are horrific, they last for 9 days and are really heavy.  My gp isn't very knowledgeable either.

Any is
Deals please?

Many thanks

Sunnydays

Re: Help please..is there an hrt without withdrawal bleeds?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 08:46:26 PM »

Hi, yes there are options without a bleed. The drop down menu on the main site gives good info for peri and post menopausal women. I know what you mean about the bleed - horrible! However for some ladies, this is a better option than taking progesterone daily and potential side effects.
Post menopause women are usually recommended to have a continuous combined regime to ensure the womb lining stays at the correct thickness. Hope this helps

Dancinggirl

Re: Help please..is there an hrt without withdrawal bleeds?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »

Hi Cirhossa1
There are various continuous HRT types and these usually result in a non bleed regime. However, if the withdrawal bleeds are so bad it might worth having a scan done to check for fibroids or a thickened lining.
It could be worth having a Mirena fitted as this is more likely to result in no bleeding and you simply add in oestrogen as pills, gel or patch.
Look under TREATMENTS on this site to see all your options. DG x