Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Do you feel like this?  (Read 19062 times)

Annie0710

Re: Do you feel like this?
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:13 PM »

My oestradiol has never been lower than 400 since hrt testing yet 400-750 I felt horrendous.  I haven't had it checked for a good year +

Tempest

« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »

I can tell you that your progesterone is at the very lowest end of normal at 0.4 for a 41 - 60 year old.

I truly think it's an imbalance problem. I feel just as you on ERT only and I've never had my progesterone checked.

I'm so very sorry that you're feeling so poorly this afternoon! How many pumps of estrogel are you currently using to achieve that level? xxxxx

edelweiss

« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2017, 03:27:19 PM »

Yes Annie, I'm the same as you, I feel just as bad at 600 or 700 or without estrogen.

But since Alesia's levels are low, she might just not be getting enough estrogen into her bloodstream - I think that's still a possibility? xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »

True - sorry I haven't been keeping up with the convo, I've been in and out today catching up when I can x

Tempest

« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2017, 03:29:34 PM »

In your case Annie, you''re like me. Horribly estrogen dominant at that level. I know over at Hystersisters that women say they have to use less as they get older as the balance goes horribly out of whack (adrenal output is less as we age and can't offset that level of estrogen and we don't have ovaries, so no androgen production there). xxxxx

(Posting a wee article here from The Hysterectomy Association - it says we produce in most cases enough Prog. from dietary cholesterol and adrenals, but if something goes wrong there or the estrogen dose is too high)........

https://www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk/information/the-menopause/oestrogen-testosterone-and-progesterone/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:43:12 PM by Tempest »

Tempest

« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

I've started our thread, so that this topic doesn't get lost on the forum. I hope this is ok with Edelweiss and the rest of you - and that the opening post is appropriate.

Hugs. xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2017, 04:30:45 PM »

Thank so for the link Tempest x

Tempest

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2017, 04:46:20 PM »

You're always so welcome, Annie! xxxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »

Oops! Annie - did you note that it states that women may be supplemented with testosterone only if they cannot have estrogen? Interesting.........xxxxx

ALESIA

Re: Does you feel like this?
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2017, 09:58:43 AM »

Was that in 2012 too Annie?
Did you just feel empty - no good emotions?
That's it - I want to go to sleep and wake up when it's over. If someone could put me in a coma until it's over I'd sign up right now xxx

This is me to a tee! Xxx

edelweiss

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2017, 10:32:23 AM »

I wish that wasn't the case Alesia, I really do.

I read your comments about your kinesiologist - you felt that helped a bit? (Please say it did - I want this for you!)

It was great your appetite returned. I just want to feel hungry occasionally and to enjoy the taste of food, and tea and coffee. Life's just so boring without that! xxx
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:41:32 AM by edelweiss »

DaisyB

« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »

Edelweiss I have been reading and replied to some of your posts. Like you I have had a dreadful time since beginnning of the year. I was slipping in and out the last 3 years and not really linking many of the symptoms to low estrogen. My taste and smell went haywire last summer. Looking back it was a bad chest infection as I was about to leave on holiday. I went off the rails - very uncharacteristic of me - I cancelled flights and refused to move from bed. Long story short I rebooked and went in the end - but the taste and smell left and dr said infection caused it and likely would be permanent. Well what's really interesting to me is that you have mentioned many of the symptoms I also have been experiencing- as well as loss of taste and smell! Last night (day 2 on sandrena gel) a good part of it returned and I was stunned to say the least! I have been seeing a chiropractor for two weeks so I can't say for sure why it is coming back but I will def keep an eye on from here on in. I hope you are doing ok today. I completely understand what you are in the midst of yet you still have the ability to comfort and reassure others. I sincerely hope you get some relief soon.

DaisyB xx

edelweiss

« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »

Hi Daisy B, that's great it's come back. Yes it's definitely hormonally linked and I am sure the Sandrena is doing it for you. How wonderful!

I bet your IBS improves too - I hope so anyway.

As you know estrogel  just stopped working for me. That's when my taste, smell, appetite went.

I've then tried Sandrena under care of Nick Panay's clinic. Really high dose. No improvement at all.

I feel incredibly low today and every day. It doesn't seem possible, but it is happening. I was annoyingly cheerful, positive and active before this.

Hoping for a miracle and this tibolone does something.

Enjoy your recovery! It must be utter bliss after what you've been through  :) xxx
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:47:23 PM by edelweiss »

DaisyB

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »

Edelweiss - I know what is is like to be in the midst of it. Days felt like was treading through treacle, my brain was so foggy I lacked the ability to articulate what I was feeling, scared as hell and the anxiety had me convinced I was dying. I have spent too many days mourning for the woman I was and hating the women I'd become. Just know you are not alone - all I can do is send you a great big bear hug xx keeping fingers crossed the new treatment works for you. Don't give up. Xx

DaisyB

dazned

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2017, 04:58:19 PM »

:bighug:  to everyone needing it today.

Hope tomorrow is brighter  :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7