Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thickening down below  (Read 6890 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Thickening down below
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

How R U feeling this evening?  More relieved or worried about the wait  ::)

littlelady

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 07:54:39 AM »

Just going over things this morning , I am not sure what I had yesterday if it was a hysteroscopy or pelvic ultrasound? It was a largest wand with a light at the top ?

Cassie

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 08:50:38 AM »

That was an internal scan,that you had,  you would have felt it if you had had a hysteroscopy, its not something very comfortable in fact most people need a bit of sedation for that.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »

Get on with the day and wait for the results.  You can't do anything until they come through and a few weeks won't make much difference what ever the result.  Let us know!?!

Jacquiemalley

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 07:07:59 AM »

Hi littlelady,  I've got similar problems to you, had a pelvic scan 3 weeks ago ( what you had) uterine lining 13mm and a polyp. 🙄 I had a Hysteroscopy yesterday, removed polyp and fitted Mirena coil to shed lining. Not the best thing to have done, I had a local pain relief, it's a quick.   Feel fine today 😀 Just taking it easy.
Best wishes

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

Hi littlelady - most women are firstly given an ultra-sound scan of the pelvic area. This is where you have to drink lots and they spread jelly over your tum and then scan - and measure stuff on a screen - just like in pregnancy.

Then sometimes women are also given a trans-vaginal scan - which is the probe thing inserted into your vaginal area which apparently is more accurate - this is carried out with empty bladder - so you have to rush to the loo between the two scans. As others have said you would have been told if it was a hysteroscopy because you normally have your feets put up in stirrups ( well I did) and also I had to sign a form saying if they found a polyp they could remove it. I was fully conscious for this - many women don't bother to have sedation and just take painkillers as the procedure is so quick. You would have had information and leaflets etc about this so it won't be that.

Did you ask the radiographer at the time what they could see - thickness or any abnormalities etc? If not you will have to wait until they write to the doc and I presume you will have to phone your GP and ask for the results, or perhaps they will write to you/phone you?

Anyway do let us know and hope all is well :)

Hurdity x

littlelady

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

Well went this morning to gp for ultra sound results and was told that the hospital gynaecology dept would contact me regards further tests , gp said they found slight thickening and a polyp, my cervix has become so enclosed they could not take a biopsy at the first appointment , so gp said they may do a biopsy under something where I don't feel pain , sorry could not remember everything she said , now I have to wait for hospital appointment , I did glance at the computer screen and noticed the hospital letter mentioned athropy which I suffer from terribly .

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 11:35:32 AM »

Thanks for the update and hope all goes well at your hospital appointment. Do let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »

I have to have one too and a camera if the thickening is more than 4mm. The gynae said he thinks I have a bit of pill erosion. I think it is quite common. I had brown blood too, but as soon as I changed from Qlaira back to Femodene the bleeding stopped like turning a tap off. For me spcertain combinations cause it and some don't.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »

:welcomemm:  MrsJam!

:thankyou: 4 the update little lady - maybe give the Gynae Dept. or Secretary a ring next week to see what has been ordered so that you can ask any questions that might worry you.  Seems you R being followed-up really well.

monalisa

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 06:35:01 PM »

Have had a letter with the results of my ultrasound scan , saying unable to take a sample as the cervix was completely closed, scan results shows a mildly bulky uterus , the endometrium appeared mildly thickened 6mm in size , within the endometrial cavity there was a 3mm echogenic focus? Polyp .
Ovaries normal and no free fluid , cysts or adnexal masses seen .
As the endometrial thickness is greater than 44mm and suggesting a polyp inside the cavity they are going to do a hysteroscopy under a general anaesthetic where they will take a biopsy and confirm the biopsy for histology .

Well that is the gist of the letter I received today , so I await to receive the appointment for the next stage , any advice and comments would be thankful

monalisa

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:23 PM »

Sorry type error 4mm and no free fluid or cysts or adnexal masses seen .
Thanks folks

Jacquiemalley

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »

Monalisa,  :)Glad to hear you're having General anaesthetic, mine wasn't, good amount of gas and air though.
Haven't had biopsy results yet, just hoping that's my last visit.
Best wishes.
Pages: 1 [2]