Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Duavive uk  (Read 4826 times)

honeyblossom

Duavive uk
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »

Anyone???
I'm still not seeing anyone on this. I  am tho King of trying it asIm prog intolerant but I'm a bit nervous given its so new.
I tried Livial and it made me feel like I had flu
Anyone tried it?

Butterfly22

Re: Duavive uk
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:39:24 PM »

My doctor did ask me if I wanted to try it but when I googled it didn't find much on it x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »

Hi honeyblossom

This is a pretty new drug. The oestrogen is the same as the Prem types ie made from horse urine oestrogens, but it is paired with bazedoxifene - which is a Selective Oestrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM). As far as I understand (and I'm somewhat hazy about this!) it works on selective tissues - in this case the uterus - to keep the lining thin, possibly without affecting the breast? Sorry I did read about it a year or so ago when it was first introduced in US - but is not yet in widespread use here in UK - but there is more information here:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/32262

It is for post-menopause. Pity they had to pair the SERM with the horse oestrogens rather than the bio-identical oestrogen (estradiol) now more widely used in UK anyway and in most other HRT types!

If you've tried other HRT types and they don't suit you then give it a try, and if you do, report back as I am sure there are women who are also progesterone intolerant who might benefit? I am assuming that as it is listed, it is licensed here but does not yet appear on the products on this website, nor the NHS one - possibly because it is so new?

Hurdity x

Katia

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »

Hurdity, do you by any chance know if this is hair friendly?  How does the estrogen compare to estradiol?  My consultant has mentioned maybe trying Premarin as we're not sure gel is working. I might ask about this. I've been spaced out, jelly legs and a birth fluey feeling this week

Katia

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows if Duavive - Duavee - is hair friendly?  I can't seem to find any reviews online.  A couple mentioned bloating on it.

thanks

Mary G

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 11:58:07 AM »

honeyblossom, I am severely progesterone intolerant and currently trialling the SERM part of Duavive (bazedoxifene) with 2 pumps of Oestrogel every day.  So far so good and no side effects whatsoever. 

Duavive is getting good reviews and well worth trying.  It has been available in Spain for ages and I managed to buy some over the counter and without a prescription so it must be available in the UK by now. 

I think oestrogen coupled with bazedoxifene is the way forward for post menopausal women.  Women who have had breast cancer are prescribed this drug because it diverts oestrogen away from the breast and the womb of course. 

Katia, I am not shedding any extra hair so far and definitely no bloating or breast pain etc.

I would say give it a try.

Katia

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »

Mary G, do you know if you can take two, or add a little extra estrogen to it as it's fairly low on the estrogen?  premarin agrees with me so it's looking like it's worth a try.  I cannot stop my hair shedding after provera.  Does it help your libido like progestegen does?

Mary G

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »

Katia, I answered on the other thread and now realise it would have been better to answer on here.  If you add a bit of extra oestrogen under the supervision of uterine scans it should be OK.  The PIL states you should not add extra oestrogen because of the possibility of womb lining build up but obviously regular uterine scans negate this risk and if a problem was revealed or you started bleeding, you would have to stop. 

Progesterone has never helped my libido in fact it is quite the opposite, not least because of having periods.  I can't really say whether this new regime is better for libido this stage but it definitely isn't worse!  I'm certainly not shedding more hair.

Once this new generation of HRT flies, there will probably be greater variations and doses.  Perhaps you will be able to take bazedoxifene with Premarin for example. 

Katia

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 06:52:27 AM »

Mary G, I never ought of bazedoxifine with Premarin.  Another consideration to ask my consultant about. I've answered in the other thread too. Progesterone helps my libido. I think it's a precursor to testosterone. Maybe why it's causing my hair to shed.  There are studies using different amounts of estrogen so I'll ask my consultant.

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 05:02:24 PM »

I can't imagine any gynae at this point sanctioning a double dose of this tablet when it is so new nor even an increase of oestrogen, and there have not been any long term trials that I know of (Katia do link to them if you've found them!). No-one should experiment with this.

This tablet contains a pretty low dose equine oestrogen so not suitable for anyone who needs medium or higher doses of oestrogen to eliminate symptoms, or perhaps needing protection against osteoporosis - although I think the bazedoxifene component can help with that?

Katia the whole precursor thing leads to misconceptions about increasing one hormones therefore something further down the metabolic pathway will also be increased. After all if this were the case we might just as well all eat loads of cholesterol as everything is synthesised from this compound in our diet. All of these hormones are synthesised in various different tissues and are controlled by enzymes and subject to complex feedback loops involving the pituitary gland too. There are other routes to testosterone synthesis besides via progesterone.

Notwithstanding your personal experience, to my knowledge progesterone generally has a dampening effect on libido with oestrogen and testosterone enhancing it. This makes sense because progesterone is present in its normal very low amounts leading up to and immediately following ovulation when a woman's sexual desire is (and should be) at its highest - to increase the likelihood of conception. I mentioned on another thread that some women seem to notice improved libido on the synthetic testosterone derived progestogens - such as norethisterone.

Hurdity x