Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new  (Read 1202 times)

Marie

Hi, I'm new
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »

Hello, Im Marie, I'm 50 and have been going through the menopause for 2 years.
In these 2 years I seem to have lost alot of elasticity in my skin, especially tops of arms, tops of legs and neck.  It seems to have gone crepey, it's really getting me down, I know there's nothing I can do about it. Anyone else noticed this?

Cazikins

Re: Hi, I'm new
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

Hi Marie  :welcomemm:

Yes I have & I'm not too happy about it, especially in the summer when I want to get out in the sun but end up covering the tops of my arms up - & my legs well... no one is gonna see them except me, hubby & a doctor if necessary.  ;D ;D

Sadly there's not a lot we can do apart from moisturising the area daily.

Cazikins.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:01:59 PM »

:welcomemm: from me.  As oestrogen levels drop off muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as droopy skin; plus the body might dry out, so Bware of vaginal atrophy!  [threads on here, do read ;-) ]

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »

Hi Marie

:welcomemm: from me too.

Unfortunately one of the effects of oestrogen decrease and therefore collagen loss. A healthy diet full of fresh and natural foods, plenty of water, reducing sugar and fat, lots of fresh air and exercise, reducing alcohol and cutting smoking - together with some good body creams - will do wonders for your health and skin. HRT helps replace some of the oestrogen but you can't turn the clock back sadly!

I am a sun worshipper - partly for vitamin D but because brown skin looks so much better than white - although I'm lucky not to have too much crepey-ness (just beginning to appear on underside of upper arms and inner thighs as well as neck!) - but I bare it all - past caring now (64 a couple of days ago!).

Hurdity x