Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cross tapering from citalopram to Mitrazapine  (Read 2014 times)

Dee46

Cross tapering from citalopram to Mitrazapine
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:11:36 PM »

Just spoken to the doctor as I am having bad anxiety, I am taking 20mg Citalopram & she has prescribed Mitrazapine 10mg,  she said to take the 2 together for a cpurple of weeks then to come off of Citalopram after I have seen her, does this sound right? Just worried ashe when I took sertraline it sent me over the edge.

Also upped my gel to 4 pumps 2 weeks ago so not sure if that is have such bad anxiety still

Any help would be appreciated

dazned

Re: Cross tapering from citalopram to Mitrazapine
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »

Sent you a pm  ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »

Yep. 

crazydaisy

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 08:52:56 PM »

Hi, I have been on Mirtazapine for 18 months it really got me threw a bad time with anxiety I am weaning off now.

Its normal to cross taper and mirtazapine should help any withdrawals from coming off the citalopram, Mirtazapine is a very easy drug to start, but be warned you will sleep well and be quite groggy for a few days as you get used to it.

Also be aware of weight gain if you can keep active and eat healthy from the start you  will minimise any weight gain, sugar/carb cravings are quite strong at the start but do ease off.

Dee46

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:51 PM »

Thank Crazydaisy I took my first Mitrazapine last night & slept for about 11.5 hrs! No dreaded feelings when I woke up either, haver had a groggy day but expected that as was warned, also started my progesterone part of hrt last night so feeling a lot calmer today just not with it! I am hoping to slowly withdraw from Citalopram when I am settied & the anxiety is under control.

GP did advise a side effect is weight gain & a rash, fingers crossed I will start to feel better on this AD.