Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Doctor thinks I am nuts  (Read 12920 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Doctor thinks I am nuts
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 07:34:48 PM »

Tempest - did you tell the Consultant that your GP refused to prescribe his advice?  However, when a patient goes privately the Surgery do not have to prescribe on the NHS.

As for the lack of support mammaG - ask your GP for a referral to a Gyneacologist?  GPs are GPs for a reason - they either weren't clever enough to become Consultants or didn't want to be ....... a patient has a right to a 2nd opinion even though it costs the Practice to refer.

Have a talk with your local Pharmacist for advice, they have Private rooms these days so make an appt. and take along a list.  He/she may be aware of supportive GPs!

Also, ring the Secretary who works for the Gynaecologist at your local Hospital/s for advice.  Explain that you are having problems getting referrals and support and 'does your Consultant support ladies with menopause or could he/she recommend where I can go for treatment?'

MammaG

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »

She was just trying to get me out.  :'(. She said there is no meno clinic, period. No pun intended. I will go back when I am at the Utrogestan phase and see a man I think. If I ask him to refer to a gyno maybe I will get somehwere. Thanks so much ladies, have deffo decided not to see her again after posting today.

I wouldnt have gotten through without you all xxx
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:23:51 PM by MammaG »

Tempest

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 09:33:45 PM »

CLKD, my Consultants have all been NHS so this is why it's even more disgraceful! This idiot loves playing God with patients. As soon as I have what I need,  I'll be switching practice but it would be awkward right now as too many things are pending. xxxxx

I'm wishing you the very best of luck,  MammaG. I tend to find males are more responsive. So much for the blinkin' sisterhood when it comes to female GP's! I never wish bad things on anyone but ohhhh, I SO hope they have difficult menopauses!!!!  >:( xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2017, 10:15:50 PM »

The dr I mentioned was female and looked in her 60s so must've sailed through it

The one that's massively helped me is Asian and early to mid 30s, she cares so much x

Tempest

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2017, 10:25:25 PM »

That's wonderful that you have such a caring GP, Annie!  :)

We also have an old boot at our practice. 6 months after my surgery I asked her for advice and how long I could expect to experience menopause symptoms for if they came (I hadn't had many at that point) and she replied 'how long is a piece of string'. And that was it. No advice. No offer of HRT despite surgical menopause. Nothing. I bet she sailed through it too. What's WITH these women?!? Sigh....... :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »

We could wish nasty VA on them !  :na:

MammaG

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »

Ohh my days. I had never heard of VA until this year  :'(. Soo shocking that this happens. Think I was blessed not to know. Lost my Mother when she was 54 so no point of reference. She never mentioned Meno.

Yes I had the same thought. Hope this woman experiences "psychiatric disturbance". What a thing to say to a woman sitting in front of you struggling so badly. She was so cold.

Woke up realising for the first time in a decade I have no medical help with either the Lupus or the Meno or the bones.( Steroid induced osteopenoa) No wonder I research everything. If I hadnt even my lovely GP who turned to anti depressants before the HRT would have had me zoned out. I insisted it was Menopause making me anxious and it was. I would most likely be on antipsychotics by now.

Thank God for the internet

Annie0710

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 08:15:13 AM »

I'd never heard of VA until I joined here.  I posted that I kept having UTIs, one after the other and forever on ABs, started vagifem, then came the splitting, itching, soreness etc so started ovestin alongside vagifem, not perfect but much better x

babyjane

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2017, 08:17:30 AM »

By the way BJ, I owe you a PM. I'm not ignoring you.....xxxx

Do you  ???

babyjane

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »

our practice has started asking what you need to see the GP for.

no, no, no, no, that's not on either, and you would be within your rights to refuse to divulge to a receptionist.

babyjane

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2017, 08:23:56 AM »

I'd never heard of VA until I joined here.  I posted that I kept having UTIs, one after the other and forever on ABs, started vagifem, then came the splitting, itching, soreness etc so started ovestin alongside vagifem, not perfect but much better x

Ditto, absolutely.  I lost count how many times I was treated for thrush/cystitis. After reading about va and vagifem on this site I asked for it, got it and have not had thrush or cystitis to this day.

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2017, 10:47:16 AM »

our practice has started asking what you need to see the GP for.

no, no, no, no, that's not on either, and you would be within your rights to refuse to divulge to a receptionist.

Our practice has done this since I joined in 2011.  To matters worse and more embarrassing is that 2 of the young girls who answer the phone don't talk to some of my family (inc me) I hate having to give a reason I need someone to phone back with advice

Tempest

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2017, 12:17:00 PM »

It makes me fume!!! But I did just receive a text yesterday to say our practice has now gone over to online booking. So now I can choose when I go to see 'Olive'. That's nice...... ;D

babyjane

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »

;D

Mbrown001

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »

I don't like having to tell a receptionist what the problem is so my bog standard answer is.

Womens problems....then they don't enquire further  ::)

I live in a small town and know some of the GP staff really quite well. Although I know they can access my records if they want I really don't want to discuss my bits with someone I will meet and chat with in the supermarket.  :sigh:

Mrs Brown
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5