Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: menopausal clumsiness  (Read 5895 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: menopausal clumsiness
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

PHEW!  ::) good thread.

In recent months I know of or have been in contact with several 'famous' people but have to go to the internet to find out their names in order to talk to people about them  :-\ ......... I've never had a good memory for anything much but I am certainly worse with putting names to faces these days   :-[

I find that my brain forgets when I am holding items and B4 I know it, they are on the floor  :o.  I even dry glass-ware over a thick towel placed on the table; in case - but it would probably roll off .........

I've fallen badly a couple of times in recent years.  I pick up reading glasses and then drop them.  Or put one pair over those I'm already wearing .......

DaisyB

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 09:45:39 PM »

Clumsiness, even gripping a tea towel and dropping it (several times!!)...searching for words or starting a conversation and completely losing train of thought  :o  frightened me and fuelled the dreadful anxiety. Convinced myself something sinister was going on - and then I stumbled across MM forum :) 

Read a post earlier .... someone said when they first joined the forum they couldn't believe that women were laughing and joking with each other - but now thankfully life has got better. That's what I am looking forward to - this forum has given me hope :thankyou:
DaisyB x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 10:33:29 PM »

Have you found the 'funny' room DaisyB? 

I was beginning to think that I need to check with my GP what is 'within normal limits' ....... I get the tea towel scenario, it happens several times a day! 

DaisyB

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »

:rofl: :rofl:

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »

its not the dropping of things that worries me, its when the things come to life and physically jump out of my hands when I know I am holding them quite tightly that I don't understand, and how do walls and doors move into my path by themselves?  ::)

Lizab

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »

Yes Babyjane! How they jump on their own! I had something in hand a few days ago that I was trying to put away while tidying the kitchen. It jumped out of my hand to the floor. I picked it up and it did it again. After the 3rd or 4th go, I said F it all and threw it on the floor where it obviously wanted to be and walked away. My 12 year old son laughed hysterically.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »

It's door handles in this house  >:( - they seem to be hip height !  :o ...........
Pages: 1 [2]