Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sandrena gel depression  (Read 2249 times)

Marinamumma

Sandrena gel depression
« on: May 03, 2017, 02:12:50 PM »

Hi all,
I posted yesterday but didn't get many replies, hoping if post again I'll get a few more. 😀 Has anyone had constant depression (I may be peri menopausal) that they found aided by hrt? The Sandrena gel is recommended for hormonal depression & as my depression hasn't shifted (have a history of pnd both kids, and depression outside of pnd) ive started the gel. I've tried several new anti d's after mine ceased being effective but no joy. I'm at at my wits end and have anxiety with it too.
A friend started the bio identical hrt and the gel eased her depression very quickly. I've used it for seven days, how long should it take to notice it working on mood?
My gp has said to try it (I got it from a friend). She said if it helps I'll have to take the progesterone obviously.
I'm 44 and still getting periods. I've always had pmt that left me shitty but not desperate. But this depression has been brutal. I'm using 2g ever night, applying to inner thigh.
My depression has been constant and it's exhausting and debilitating. Terrible appetite too. Looking for hope! Thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sandrena gel depression
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 03:01:04 PM »

I'm afraid that starting new threads may mean that you are lost completely  ::) ........ I have had depression for years.  Initially it was related to periods, I would cry bitterly the night B4 a bleed began even if a period wasn't due as well as feeling 'low' at that time of the month.

In the late 1980s depression hit badly.  Mine is cyclical so eventually I was advised to take a low-dose anti-depressant for Life.  I fought against the idea but it does work; as does taking a beta-blocka to ease anxiety and an emergency drug as necessary when anxiety floors me.  My depression is clinical and organic.

Rescue Remedy can ease anxiety surges as can some ADs, as well as HRT. 

What did your friend consider 'very quickly' with regards the HRT?  7 days isn't long in the great scheme of things but if you are anything like me, you want a cure yesterday  ::). Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful: for me 1 is low on the anxiety scale and 5 I need the emergency med., depression is controlled by adjusting my meds as required; if my brain feels depressed as I wake more than I am comfortable with then I up the dosage for 5-10 days.  That usually keeps it under control.

The brain needs sustenance. Depression is known for knocking the appetite out.  I graze when possible ........ dried fruits and nuts, bananas, chocolate - anything that keeps me 'going'  ::)

Marinamumma

Re: Sandrena gel depression
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »

My friend noticed a difference within a week. I'm on day 9 now as of tonight. I'm on duloxetine and have had dose doubled but it's not touched the sides. I'm exhausted with this. I've got gp tomorrow so getting all bloods done. The appetite loss is so frustrating as is finding energy to cook. It's so hard.