Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Moods and anxiety  (Read 1825 times)

Wendy65

Moods and anxiety
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:04:10 AM »

Hi, I am on 1mg of estradiol. My hot flushes have subsided - hoorah, but my moods have not. This is awful, not only for me but my husband and 16 year old daughter too.

I wake up feeling so low. Irritable is an understatement. Some days I feel normal and happy but others - well - what can I say.

I thought that HRT would help but it hasn't. I suppose I'm just stuck with this unless I consider anti depressants but I've not had much luck with those in the past.

My anxiety is awful and my confidence is at rock bottom. I do a really stressful full time job as well. My husband is supportive but at times he is so fed up with me.

Just felt I needed to write this down to try and make sense of it all. I found the Kirsty Wark programmer very good and my husband could understand more.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Moods and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »

Would using 2mg ease the moods?

Which is worse: feeling low/depressed or the anxiety?  There are medications which target either condition, I take an AD as well as Betablocka as well as having an emergency anti-anxiety medication.

Sammas

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

Sending hugs to you xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 07:03:32 PM »

Hi Wendy- I know exactly how you feel.
Not sure if you're on oestrogen only or if you are also taking progesterone. The low mood seems linked- but goodness me, I don't know if it's the former or the latter.i know in my case it's the latter but I've also been struggling with the oestrogen part.

You need to give the HRT time to work- at least 3 months but sometimes an AD is required as well- alas, both HRT and ADs have side effects and every woman reacts differently so I'm afraid it's trial and error til you find a regime that works or you.
In the meantime, be hood to yourself. Your health and wellbeing is the most important thing.Realise that this is normal. you will get through it. In the meantime, maybe you need to hi back to your doc or ask for a referral to a menopause clinic to discuss tweaks to your HRT. I'm the meantime, moan away and ask questions on here to your hearts content... :bighug:

Wendy65

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:34:10 PM »

Hi and thanks for your support and comments,

I have good and bad days and I agree with you about looking after yourself, that's really important.

Wendy x