Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dizzy, heart jumping  (Read 5324 times)

Yammy1

Dizzy, heart jumping
« on: May 03, 2017, 12:01:46 PM »

Everytime  I think I'm coping with this bloody meno another symptom hits like a ton of bricks >:(. Was at shops earlier got sudden pain in lower back which led to panic then feeling dizzy. Came home my heart is jumping all over the place, not the normal fast heartbeat, tried coughing it eases and then starts again. Had Ecg last week and all fine but that doesn't help me from panicking. Took half an emergency pill(Xanax) to ease symptoms. Has anyone an idea what causes the heart to beat so out of sync, is it hormonal?. I also find when my stomach is acting up ie, reflux, swollen and sore( I have a hiatus hernia)  my heart seems to act up. Any advice really appreciated X
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:04:15 PM by Yammy1 »

Ronsmum

Re: Dizzy, heart jumping
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 02:25:12 PM »

You poor thing. Heart jumping and thumping is horrid. I've had it for 6 months off and on. Had all heart tests and all clear.
Meno clinic put me on evorel conti to try and sort this out. Only been a week so will keep you posted.
What I've read is that heart palps or whatever you want to call them are very common due to hormone imbalance .
Stress doesn't help so keep that in mind and try and do something that relaxes you.
Hope things settle down for you soon

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

Thank you, I feel a lot calmer since I took tablet, so that alone should prove to me they its anxiety causing my symptoms but as you well know logical thinking goes out the window when panic sets in

Megamind

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 03:12:01 PM »

Hi Yammy, I am in peri but still having monthly periods that are becoming closer together. I would say around now I'm probably ovulating and I have noticed jumping heart yesterday and today. I think it's definitely hormonal.

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »

Thanks megamind, I stated keeping a diary today and time will tell if there's a pattern , I had hysterectomy in 2012 so no period bud I did feel the last couple of days like period cramps if that makes sense

vickypk

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »

Hi   I had a lot of anxiety, heart palpitations and headaches.  I've been using Evorel conti for nearly two years and all settled with that.  Hope all fine for you soon xx

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 05:22:24 PM »

Thank you Vickypk, I t iced hrt a couple of times and anxiety went through the roof, I am going into hospital in three weeks for repair to bowel, bladder And pelvic floor of repair, all damaged during hysterectomy in 2012. I will definitely try hrt again when recovered

Ronsmum

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 06:07:34 PM »

Hope it all goes well Yammy1. I'm sure things will settle down when you've recovered.
I hate my heart palps. Drive me insane and then make me more anxious. Vicious circle.
Yoga, meditation and anything else to make me relax certainly takes the edge off them
Sending very positive thoughts to you 😘

vickypk

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »

Hope all goes will for you Yammy1.  Let me know how you get on xx

Yammy1

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 07:18:32 PM »

Thank you all for well wishes. yeah here's hoping op goes will. I know it will be a long road to recovery, doc says it will be as bad as hysterectomy but I need prolapses sorted as I have very little bowel control and bladder not much better, this restricts my ability to exercise, I had a good talk with  anesthetist last week and explained I suffer with anxiety, she was very understanding and put me at ease

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 07:40:11 PM »

Heart palpitations is definitely linked to stomach issues, such as reflux bloating etc, I also find it I am bloated I get palps, its perfectly normal, something to do with pressure on the vagus nerve.

Yammy1

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »

Thank you Cassie, I really am seeing a link between my stomach acting up and palps.

Yammy1

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 09:04:03 PM »

Hi meant to mention I feel really dizzy too, is this really all caused by menopause? Hands down the dizziness is the scariest feeling ever, I have never passed out but the fear alone makes me so anxious
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 09:07:02 PM by Yammy1 »

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »

Dizziness really affected me in the early years ..... nasty symptom plus nausea x

Yammy1

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 04:20:10 PM »

Starting to see a pattern with palps etc, although I've had hysterectomy palps and anxiety seem to be occuring monthly. I had prolapse ops 2 1/2 weeks ago and all went well, so I decided to give hrt one more try and see wil it help with meno symptoms, even though I have no womb could symptoms be happening when I would have had a ,period? Proving its all hormonal
Pages: [1] 2