Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Scared To Try HRT Again  (Read 21391 times)

Annie0710

Re: Scared To Try HRT Again
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »

Just read your link........ there you go, I rest my case

I remember whilst using utrogestan my daughter was due to give birth and I was up and down the hospital as there were complications and I was visiting her alone, something which before would've scared the life out of me yet I was coping with facing people and helping all I could.  In June I admitted to a nurse at my surgery I'd been self medicating and she was astonished and said I had to stop it immediately as it could damage me, so I did.  August/September I had an awful time and spent most of my holiday abroad a nervous wreck and sobbing, I didn't enjoy any of that time away and rowed with my partner and contemplated a life being single.  I was at rock bottom and waiting to hear about being prescribed testosterone, I tried T but as much as it helped a bit it wasn't giving me the benefits I needed

Tempest

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 08:54:23 PM »

This is US, Annie!!!! I'm  going to print this off and take it with me to my appointment with Professor Lumsden. She cant argue with the fact that this worked for this lady and may very well know her in person!

For heaven's sake!!! WHY aren't we given this option when it's obvious that so many ladies aren't doing well on ERT only and there is proof in this lady's experience to back up our claims? I could cry with anger, frustration and RELIEF that there is someone like us and that we can prove it.

Edelweiss, you're truly an angel! xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »

My argument has always been that I sailed along happily on ERT whilst still producing progesterone myself yet when ovaries finally shut down/went haywire all hell broke loose with me physically and emotionally

I've argued so much to health professionals "if it's the devil hormone then why didn't it get physically removed from my body after my hysterectomy?"  No one has ever given me an answer ! Xxx

Tempest

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 09:21:26 PM »

ABSOLUTELY!!! And we have Utrogestan now so it's not like we're replacing with synthetics progestins! I know some ladies here say 'oh it must be bliss to take estrogen only' but trust us - it ISN'T for a LOT of us!!

I was chatting on thread to Anjia today, another surgical meno. lady, and she is so sad that Tibolone couldn't work for her as it was the best she'd  felt anxiety wise. I bet she's another lady like us! She's asked for Testosterone but 2 doctors have said no, she doesn't need it (which is a disgrace).  My bet is that she'd feel a hundred times better if she was allowed to add Utro. too.

Annie, you were well ahead of the rest of us with your thinking. I think we need to shout out loud and clear about this now that we have a reference to prove our claims. This could well have been the key to solving your social anxiety if you'd been allowed to legitimately add it to your regime (and why it started in the first place)! xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 09:33:17 PM »

Also wanted to add, this is probably why so many women who had hysterectomies historically did so well on Premarin. It contains equine progestins too. Go figure......But of course now Premarin is a 'dirty word' in the world of HRT. I'm tempted to go back to it if I'm refused the Utro. and titrate slowly to try to get over the dizziness. Its either that or shovel valium with my ERT so that I can tolerate it (interestingly, progesterone occupies the same pathways in the brain as valium)😮

Every lady I've met who's on Premarin has had a trim little figure and great skin and hair (my Mum and Grandmother included) so there must be something in it that we need....xxxxx

edelweiss

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »

Hello Tempest, and hello Annie, if it helps I'll be overjoyed. And thanks due to Twoodie too because she told me about Diane, then I read her story today and just now I made the link with what you were saying Tempest. I so hope it works for you. And Annie. I've got some somewhere in the vast array of meds I've accumulated recently. I'm only marginally less well-stocked than Boots! xxx
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:45:25 PM by edelweiss »

Annie0710

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

Sounds like my medicine box !
I think utrogestan 100mg would be good, do they actually do them in 100s? I seem to think it's just 200mg, not sure

Maybe that's why there's a tad improvement with me on Tibolone, to be honest that's why I went on it in the hope that I'd get a share of all 3 hormone benefits, so sad that the side effects have gripped so many women that they can't tolerate it xx

edelweiss

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 09:56:39 PM »

Yes they do them in 100s Annie. I've got 2 boxes. I have testim too. And melatonin. And a ton of other stuff... xxx

Tempest

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 09:56:55 PM »

Bless you Edelweiss and bless Twoodie, too! xxxx :thankyou: :foryou:

Would you go back on ERT if you could add Utro. now, Annie? You're still so young! xxxxx

Otes73

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:08 PM »

I have utrogeston 100mg. Just started them 10 days ago. I should have been given it a year ago as I've had a hysterectomy, my ovaries have since failed and I've extensive endometriosis. I've never slept so well. I was very nervous about side effects but haven't had any so far so fingers crossed will stay that way!
X

Tempest

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:32 PM »

We'll be round in half an hour, Edelweiss......  ;D ;D

Tempest

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »

MORE proof, Otes!! I'm so glad you're feeling relaxed. xxxxx

Otes73

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »

I've going for a MRI next week and will probably need surgery to remove my ovary which has attached to my bowel but even that's not stressing me this week!
 How did you get in with your 1 pump of gel??"
X

Tempest

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

Oh bless your heart, Otes! I'm so sorry to hear that. We''ll be here for you before and after your surgery!

Well, I'm just plodding away with the one pump but it's only been 2 days. I'll be sticking with this until I see Professor Lumsden next Tuesday and with Edelweiss's link to show her, I'll take it from there.  xxxxx

Otes73

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:13 PM »

Thankyou Tempest :)
Wishing you all the luck in the world,  you deserve it!
Xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7