Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Under active thyroid & menopause  (Read 1143 times)

Laylabud

Under active thyroid & menopause
« on: May 01, 2017, 03:02:54 PM »

Does anyone know if menopause vitabiotics original is ok to take with thyroxine for an interactive thyroid?

babyjane

Re: Under active thyroid & menopause
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 03:15:58 PM »

I was advised to avoid anything containing iodine with underactive thyroid/thyroxine by my endocrinologist otherwise I would have looked into a vitamin and mineral supplement but they all contain iodine. Apparently it can support a healthy thyroid but can strain one that is struggling but don't take my word for it, check with your doctor.

DaisyB

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:31 PM »

Baby Jane- this has me interested... I was very recently told I was just outside the normal range for under active thyroid - private GPS advice was diet management for next few months and HRT in the meantime. She advised kelp tablets and a bag of dulse couple times a week - I am totally new to thyroid and HRT so any info is welcome. I have been subscribing to Jen Wittman online thyroid coach and wellnessmama site re thyroid advice. I'm reluctant to jump straight to thyroxine anyways as I would rather reverse through diet if possible. Asking her for antibody count at next appt.  :-\

DaisyB x

DaisyB

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 08:48:44 PM »

Laylabud - sorry I don't know enough to answer your question  :-\  hope you get sorted

DaisyB x