Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Evening primrose causing blurred vision??  (Read 5375 times)

DaisyB

Evening primrose causing blurred vision??
« on: April 29, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »

hello girls

Looking for any advice re evening primrose oil. My younger sis contacted today - 4 yrs younger than me and periods have started going skew whiff last few months. She's been taking high dose of evening primrose and has a history of migraine. She has been experiencing blurred vision for over week now - no migraine pain and had eyes tested this week all clear?

Any advice very welcome xx

DaisyB  ???

Elizabethrose

Re: Evening primrose causing blurred vision??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »

Hi Daisy,

I took EPO many years ago to try to relieve symptoms of PMS; painful breasts, bloating, period pain, but it didn't agree with me. I experienced diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and discomfort. I stopped after a few months as there were no benefits. Many women swear by it though for treating PMS. We are all different.

If your sis has experienced the blurriness since taking the EPO, maybe she should stop it for a while to see if it clears. I've not heard of it causing headache or migraine but as I said we're all so different, maybe it's triggering silent migraine (symptoms of migraine with aura etc but without the headache). When in migraine I regularly find it difficult to focus. x

Mbrown001

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »

I've never heard of it causing visual problems.
I used to take it years ago for breast pain and it worked really well..

However we all all different and I agree with ER...perhaps stop.

Trouble is we never know what's causing what.

I hope your sister feels better really soon

Mrs Brown

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

My eyes have been blurry for a few months, intermittently.  They are also dry or very watery .......... HORMONES!  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 11:05:23 AM »

Dry.  Gritty.  Watery.  I had thought earlier this week that I must see my ? - the one who does my eye tests every 2 years. 

I haven't taken evening primrose so can't comment on if it's connected.  Maybe a Pharmacist could give advice DaisyB?

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »

Tnx.  That's the word I was searching for  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 02:26:47 PM »

What exactly is olive-leaf supposed to do?  I know that various oils in our diets are 'good' ..... but the leaves?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »

'research' -  ::).  Like Turmeric is the spice of the moment  :-\ ......  unless research is Peer Reviewed it's not worth considering ;-).  Which were you trying to eradicate - shingles goes eventually though some sufferers still feel nerve endings tingling for years after.  My Mum didn't though and she's had it 3 times.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 08:08:57 PM »

One has to have had chickenpox in order to catch shingles.  Certainly it can be triggered by stress, both Mum and M-in-L had falls and 4-5 weeks later, both had shingles.  Not at the same time though. 

I also know that someone who had chemo therapy who still has tingling following shingles years ago.  There is also a drug which if given within 72 hours can stop the virus progressing.  But getting to a GP within 72 hours  ???  :-\.

Which nerve root was the virus following in the mouth?  Was it long B4 it was diagnosed as shingles which is Herpes Zosta? which we all carry ......... until it's triggered or am I confusing the two  :-\.

As an aside my friend was told that one could only get measles once, well she had 6 siblings and each time they had measles ....... that was in the days when we all went to parties if kids had something 'catching'  ::).

Tell us more about the olive leaves ..........  tnx Hasty:  Turmeric has been used in India cooking for Centuries.  The biggest problem with it, is that it stains!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

C7 and C8 are in the cervical spine but can't remember which lever nor which areas they 'control'  ::)

All I remember about chicken pox was the itching, made worse by the Calomine lotion  >:( - whoever thought *that* was a good idea needs a  :kick: ...... as it dried it itched >sigh<. 

dangermouse

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 11:38:09 PM »

Blimey!

When I had cats they used to follow me around more when I was ill and one used to get on my pillow and curl her body and tail around me to keep me warm.

I thought it was sweet but now I'm wondering if they were rubbing their paws together waiting for the right moment!  :P

DaisyB

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »

;D ;D Possibly dangermouse!! Although when I'm not well my dogs do the same - think it's more of an instinct with them!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 07:39:19 PM »

:rofl: ...... was the puma licking it's lips  :o. It could have been the Calomine lotion it was getting hooked on ;-).

I will read the link later, tnx.