Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Sequi...but no bleed  (Read 1227 times)

optisight

Sequi...but no bleed
« on: April 27, 2017, 02:19:06 PM »

I am taking Femsevenn 50 Sequi and GP advised that I would have a bleed at the end of the progesterone 2 weeks.

I have been on it about 6 months now and at first I was having a bleed at the end of the 2 week estrogen cycle, which I thought was odd, but thought with time it would gradually adjust to the end of the progesterone cycle. Well for the last two months I have had no bleed at all.

Why could that be? ( I have done 2 pregnancy tests and thankfully it's not that!!) I know the answer is to go to see the GP, but before I do I wondered if there is any particular reason you ladies could offer advice on? It's since I started my new box of Femseven ( contains 3mth supply) it couldn't be that could it???  Am classed as peri-menopause as was still having periods when I went on HRT, as I had only missed 2 before I started. Or is it that I need a higher dose of HRT....how do you know if you need more?

Thanks in advance for replies, much appreciated

Hurdity

Re: Sequi...but no bleed
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »

The information on this site suggest that 15 % of women do not get a bleed on cyclical HRT - so looks like you are one of them. Provided you are absorbing the hormones from the patch - then the fact that you are not bleeding means that the progestogen is keeping the lining thin and no need to worry. When I was on cyclical HRT (separate oestrogen and prog) years ago - my bleeds tailed off ( was taking prog 11 days per month) once I was post-menopause.

You may find if you are not yet post-menopause that some months you do get a bleed. It is excess bleeding for no good reason that is the concern with regards to the endometrium, rather than lack of it. Personally I wouldn't worry but if you are concerned do have a word with your doc.

Hurdity x