Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Palpitations!  (Read 1030 times)

paula50

Palpitations!
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:33:18 AM »

As I'm sat here having multiple ectopics as seems to happen to me every morning, does anybody have any suggestions on how to reduce their frequency?
I've always had them but they seem to have gotten dramatically worse since I started the sertraline/Kliofem in January. I do take the sertraline in the morning and I was wondering if it's that's causing them to be so bad as they tend to trail off throughtout the day and have all but gone in the evening!
Think I need to stop making black coffee the first drink of the day as I'm sure that's not helping either!!

Mbrown001

Re: Palpitations!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:47:23 AM »

I sympathise as they are horrible things and very disconcerting.

I ended up on a 24 hour monitor which picked up loads of them but I was assured that they were nothing to worry about.
Easier said than done.

Two things have helped me. Magnesium spray used in the morning after my shower. It does sting a bit so I use it on my tummy and thighs and no where else.
Also a good friend advised a fairly simple tequnique that's easy to do but not so easy to describe but I will try.
Hold your nose and then try to blow your breath out through closed nostrils without puffing out you cheeks. At the same time bear down as if you were trying to move your bowels...sorry if TMI .
It resets the rhythm for some reason.
I found that when I was dwelling on them they were a lot worse but when I was busy then I didn't really notice them as much.

If you have a search then this has been talked about before. One of the members recommended a YouTube clip from a cardiologist which I found helpful and reassuring. Sorry I can remember the name but a search should show it up.

Try not to panic. Someone else described them as harmless but horrible and I couldn't agree more.

Mrs Brown

babyjane

Re: Palpitations!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »

One of the members recommended a YouTube clip from a cardiologist which I found helpful and reassuring. Sorry I can remember the name but a search should show it up.

York Cardiologist Sanjay Gupta  :)

His talks are brilliant and so reassuring.  Got me on an even keel after I was convinced I was heading for the cardiac ward a little while ago.