Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hair styles  (Read 6976 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hair styles
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2017, 10:54:33 PM »

My hair is thick but fly-away fine ......

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 03:50:43 PM »

I often see styles in the street that I like but never approach the lady concerned as I'm sure that they go to London and pay LOTS - also, those kinds of styles are probably high maintenance  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 12:13:28 PM »

If it's going grey in a week then you need to change the type of colour that you are using. Six weeks is the normal time before the grey comes back.

Mrs Brown

This is not the case!

How quickly the grey comes back depends on how much grey you have in your hair and where it is coming back, as well as the type of colour! The semi-permanents will supposedly wash and fade over the course of 6 weeks - so that the grey streaks (or total grey) of all your hair will gradually re-appear over this time. However if you are talking about roots - then depending on how much grey you have, these can be visible within a week! Mine are!

I use semi-permanents and have done for years - the 6 week type - but I have to re-do my hair every 3 weeks maximum because of the roots and to avoid the badger look. I am (was!) very dark and use a very dark colour (but I've also tried lighter ones) - and they all look the same in terms of roots showing quickly. Because of this I have just had my hair cut in a short layered style and had it streaked so that the grey is peppery - with the intention of going completely grey after a couple of cuts - because I am so sick of being paranoid about the roots showing!

I've never tried oil on my hair - might be an idea.....I use a myriad of products to keep it looking bouncy and glossy but perhaps won't need to so much now it's short.

Hurdity x

dulciana

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 12:41:53 PM »

If it's going grey in a week then you need to change the type of colour that you are using. Six weeks is the normal time before the grey comes back.

Mrs Brown

This is not the case!

How quickly the grey comes back depends on how much grey you have in your hair and where it is coming back, as well as the type of colour! The semi-permanents will supposedly wash and fade over the course of 6 weeks - so that the grey streaks (or total grey) of all your hair will gradually re-appear over this time. However if you are talking about roots - then depending on how much grey you have, these can be visible within a week! Mine are!

I use semi-permanents and have done for years - the 6 week type - but I have to re-do my hair every 3 weeks maximum because of the roots and to avoid the badger look. I am (was!) very dark and use a very dark colour (but I've also tried lighter ones) - and they all look the same in terms of roots showing quickly. Because of this I have just had my hair cut in a short layered style and had it streaked so that the grey is peppery - with the intention of going completely grey after a couple of cuts - because I am so sick of being paranoid about the roots showing!

I've never tried oil on my hair - might be an idea.....I use a myriad of products to keep it looking bouncy and glossy but perhaps won't need to so much now it's short.

Hurdity x

With Dark Oil, I was told to squeeze a little on to the palm of my hand and spread it thinly over my hands, together with the styling gel that I always use, then work it into all of my hair.  This does seem to perk my hair up, which is just as well for the price!

babyjane

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »

I am useless with products that contain any hint of chemicals so I have never coloured my hair.  I use organic virgin Moroccan Argan oil on my skin and also on my hair before I wash it.  I cannot imagine that any product, whatever the claims and whatever the cost, would give any better result , and no chemical reaction  :)

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »

It's interesting how ideas alter down the years.  Rinsing in vinegar was popular as was peroxide  ::).  I did colour my hair years ago, it looked like murder had been done  :D and my visiting hair-stylist did a very good job several times in brightening up my whole persona.  Then my circumstances changed so I hardly have time to visit the salon these days  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]