Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: femoston 2/10 or combined pill ????  (Read 2436 times)

Muzza

femoston 2/10 or combined pill ????
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »

I need so me expert advice please ladies, Im 45 my main symptoms are vaginal dryness, night sweats and insomnia,
my doctor put me on femoston 1/10 after 2 weeks I had 7 weeks of bleeding/brownish blood she then changed me to
femoston 2/10 the bleeding  got heavier and very red blood.  She has now advised to changing to the combined pill
and vagifem ????  I am not getting as many night sweats but the insomnia is driving me crazy !!  I think I need HRT still
what does anyone suggest ???

thanks in advance

Hurdity

Re: femoston 2/10 or combined pill ????
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:01:57 AM »

Hi Muzza

Sorry - your post got missed! Sometimes happens. Lots of us are very busy!  It depends where you are in menopause ie what your periods were doing before you started HRT. If they were still fairly regular then perhaps increasing the HRT dose is too much? If they were few and far between I would maybe change to a different HRT type ( once you have tried for 3 months). However also, if your periods were very infrequent before starting HRT - you may just be shedding the womb lining that has built up during anovulatory cycles ( no ovulation and no bleed - but some early follicle development therefore some oestrogen produced, therefore some lining growth). if this is the case I would persist for a bit longer.

if you tolerate progestogens well then the CCP might be a good idea as it would regulate your cycle. There is one called QLAIRA which is a bit like HRT and only has 2 tablet free days - much milder than the ones with synthetic oestrogen in them. Also another called ZOELY - but this has less oestrogen.

Hope this helps ;)

Hurdity x

Muzza

Re: femoston 2/10 or combined pill ????
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:22:37 PM »

Thanks very much for your reply Hurdity, I had 3 months with no periods so I guess this maybe why I had the bleeding ?
I'm giving the HRT another few weeks then will try the combined pill.  Ive been perscribed microgynon 30 ?

thanks again xxx