Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oopherectomy Doesn't Affect Life Expectancy  (Read 1502 times)

Tempest

Oopherectomy Doesn't Affect Life Expectancy
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »

I always try to post any useful and hopeful articles here for my fellow surgical menopause ladies so I thought I would post this today:

http://www.migrelief.com/removal-of-ovaries-does-not-affect-life-expectancy

I also discussed this at length with the Professor Of Endocrinology I saw yesterday and he stated exactly the same.

The journey for us it tougher as we hit post menopause at 100 miles an hour, and our symptoms are therefore more severe but we arrive at the same place as our non surgical menopause sisters. The ovaries produce hormones for UP TO 15 years from the last period, but for many women this isn't the case. This research is published over at The Hysterectomy Association website if any ladies are interested.

I hope this gives you hope that we're not at a disadvantage regarding our life expectancy - we just have to take good care of ourselves just as our other menopausal sisters do.

I also have more information to post later as to where those hot flushes and anxiety are coming from if we don't have ovaries - I'll give you a clue, it begins with 'A'! Some of you will know that I've been talking about this a lot lately and it particularly applies to a test I'm having tomorrow......

I hope this helps some of you!

Love,

Tempest xxxxx

walking the dog

Re: Oopherectomy Doesn't Affect Life Expectancy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:51:26 PM »

Thank you tempest, having recently had a,surgical menopause this was helpful, im looking forward to reading about A and flushes anxiety as this is my main problem xx

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 03:17:03 PM »

Bless your heart, WTD! How are you doing on the patches now? Did the GP increase the dose for you? xxxx
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:20:27 PM by Tempest »

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

Thank you Tempest, also looking forward to reading about A as I'm still suffering with hot flushes then suddenly going very cold, even though doctor as upped my patches to 50mg xx

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 03:33:36 PM »

Adrenal glands 🤔

walking the dog

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »

Hi tempest
25 didn't touch flushes, 50 helped but wasn't a cure so unknown to gp I upped myself to 75 (someone kindly sent me some )which is working just occasional flush in night. I just hope gp will prescribe 75 I have to ring surgery and leave message for her tomorrow xc

Tempest

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »

That's good news, WTD! After Oopherectomy, you're absolutely entitled to anything you need to help symptom relief so don't let the GP fob you off. So glad that someone was able to send you the patches to try the increase out - what wonderful ladies we have here! :)

And Maryjane, yup!!!!!  ;) Some interesting trials going on right now regarding a drug which works on a certain chemical which has been isolated as being released by the body and which is believed to be the cause of hot flushes (I believe the trial has been talked about in the threads).  I know some women don't achieve total relief from hot flushes on any dose of HRT, so this will be a godsend to them.

I'll post more about the ol' adrenals as soon as I get some research sources and facts together.  :)

dangermouse

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:21 PM »

I suspect all the hot flushes and anxiety come from the adrenal glands (even if you still have ovaries) as a knock on effect from the other hormones becoming volatile. I also reckon the thyroid could be involved.

I also read that the oestrogen made in the adrenals have different ratios of estradiol, estrone etc. compared to the ovarian ratios, which gives a different overall feeling.

Look forward to hearing more!