Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston - conti 1mg-5mg  (Read 3750 times)

alyb1961

Femoston - conti 1mg-5mg
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:12:01 AM »

Hi
I'm new to all this but need some help . Got to 55 last March and was bragging that I hadn't had any menopause symptoms ...wish I'd kept my mouth shut everything came with a vengeance about 14months ago ...the hot flushes day and night the weight gain ,terrible mood swings  happy one min and suicidal the next .i went to bed one day and really didn't want to get back up and that's not me at all , all my family and friends had to be really careful around me as one wrong word and I would explode , I just felt fat ugly and hopeless ..so I've finally given in no gone on HRT ...I'm on Femoston -conti 1mg-5mg ....must admit I did feel an improvement within a couple of weeks ,but after about 17 days I started bleeding quite heavily ,after not having a period for over 2 years it was quite a shock and I got all the pre period feeling back too ....I'm just wondering will this stop ...I know it says it's quite normal to have a bleed but mine lasted over 2 weeks ...it's finished now but I just feel bloated all the time and I'm craving sweet things constantly ...has this happened to anyone else .? ...would like to know if this will stop as I really don't want to stop taking the HRT ..my husbands glad he works offshore for a month at a time so he can have some peace from me ....... :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoston - conti 1mg-5mg
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »

:welcomemm:  did your husband say that or is it your interpretation?  Maybe print off the 'advice for husbands' from here to give him ? ;-).

Browse round. Make notes.  The bloating can be awful I had it years ago.   :-\. Hopefully someone with HRT knowledge will be along with advice, in the meantime put the product name into the 'search' box to see which threads pop up?

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful. 

alyb1961

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »

Thanks I have tried the Internet , but hopefully someone will reply with symptoms like mine ..yes unfortunately my husband did say that ....he told me to ...get a grip a few months ago ....now we have a nice crack in the glass door where my shoe missed him but hit the door ...I have tried to explain the menopause to him and even wrote some of the symptoms down and gave it to him ..I have asked him to google it while he's away this time ,he's home tomorrow so we shall see , but I will print off the advice for husbands and give it to him ..
It's that bad that if we don't sort something out he said he's leaving for a while ...hopefully the HRT will help .....

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »

Hi alyb1961

:welcomemm:

Some bleeding is to be expected in the first months of continuous combined HRT, and especially if you have not had a period for some time - since the womb lining could have built up a little since your last period and is now being shed. Also it takes a while for the womb lining to settle down anyway on this regime - taken continuously the progestogen prevents the womb lining from building up - but this can be unpredictable at first.

Some women find taking progestogen continuously leads to low grade side effects and even when post-menopausal prefer to take HRT on a cyclical - which leads to a predictable bleed and a couple of weeks or so each month without the progestogen - I am one of these! I am not clear about the mechanism but sugar and carb cravings are common when taking progestogens.

I suggest you try the Femoston 1/10 and see how you feel on this one.

I started HRT at about your age ( just before age 54 and not quite at menopause) and have been on it happily for 10 years - don't give up yet!

Hurdity x