Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Nervous again!!!  (Read 1548 times)

robotwars

Nervous again!!!
« on: April 25, 2017, 06:31:20 AM »

I have been up for hours, worrying, really need to sort myself out as this anxiety is ruining my life! today I have a CT scan of my chest this afternoon, due to the chest xray I had where they saw something but wasn't sure what it was in the tube going into the lungs, I have waited since December for this . But I also have a doctors appointment due to pain around my nipple and under my arm, it took ages to pluck up courage to make GP appointment and it was just a coincidence the only appointment they had was same day as my scan, so now I'm panicking about both and have to get through a day at work first.... and due to anxiety my IBS is playing up..... just feel like screaming..... Aaghhhhh

Yammy1

Re: Nervous again!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:44:52 AM »

Anxiety has to be the worst thing ever, but try not to worry and hopefully all tests will be fine. I have pre op tests tomorrow and my head is all over the place. Can only imagine how bad I'll be next month hen I'm actually having op. ( repair to bowel and pelvic floor from hysterectomy 4.5 years ago). Sending you good wishes that all will be fine.

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:26:05 AM »

Wishing you the very best of luck and sending virtual calming hugs for your CT this afternoon, Robotwars!

I use simple 3,3 breathing to try to stay calm (it does help) - breathe in through the nose for the count of 3 slowly, and out through the nose for the count of 3 slowly and repeat for 8 repetitions. It corrects hyperventilation which can make you feel spaced out, dizzy and more anxious.

I'll be thinking of you! xxxxx

Dede

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 07:23:53 PM »

Just read your post..... anxiety is awful !!!!
 How are you feeling today ?