Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Testosterone  (Read 2721 times)

Sphere27

Testosterone
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »

Hi
Is anyone on a testosterone supplement? I'm on hrt but recently had some symptoms which could be low testosterone . Some one I know had hers checked and it was low and now on a supplement and feels so much better. Before I head off to my gp anyone had any experience with this?

Hurdity

Re: Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »

Hi Sphere27

I'm not sure what you mean by a testosterone supplement but there are several of us on here who apply testosterone (gel) as part of our HRT - either through NHS or private gynaes.

There are a number of threads on this topic so rather than repeat myself please look back through the last few pages of this section, and look for anything with testosterone in the title or go to the home page of the forum and do a search. Also I have a long running thread on testosterone where I describe my experiences and others have added to it although it hasn't been posted on much recently and goes off track now and again from what I remember!

Testosterone levels are not usually checked by GPs (although some private gynaes do so) because the tests is not particularly sensitive for T levels within women's range but docs should go on symptoms - notably low libido but also fatigue, muscle weakness or pain after exercise, low mood etc, even while on systemic HRT. Other meds can also reduce libido like some anti-depressants and also oral HRT.

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x