Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Qularia - Thinking of stopping - help please  (Read 908 times)

Nairn

Qularia - Thinking of stopping - help please
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:21:16 PM »

Hi, I am now in my 3rd week of qularia, and finding it tough going.  I switched from Femonston 2/10 as I needed contraception, but I feel really down, weepy and just shattered all of the time, with major heartburn.  I am 49 and started the menopause at 44, I seem to have tried most other pills and a disasterous experience with a mirena coil, so I seem to be at the end of the road re choices as I am super sensitive to progesterone.    Femonston really suited me, but did not offer any protection, but not sure how much time I should give  the Qularia. - any help appreciated as I'm not sure what to do

Thanks for any help and words of wisdom.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:27:30 PM by Nairn »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Qularia - Thinking of stopping - help please
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 05:34:07 PM »

Difficult if you need contraception too.  I suggest returning to your GP or dropping into your local Pharamacist, they have private rooms for discussion now.

Hurdity

Re: Qularia - Thinking of stopping - help please
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »

Sorry to hear this Nairn. There aren't many women on here who use this although I am always suggesting it! Briony is the expert but she hasn't been on for a while. I seem to remember it took a while to settle with her but I think she stuck with it. You could have a search of her posts (go to Members at the blue tabs above and look for her, then click on her name and all her posts will come up). Otherwise I am sure she wouldn't mind if you pm'ed her, if she has the time? It may well be that your body is taking a while to adjust to this new level of hormones. In particular the progestogen dose is high and at some points in the cycle the oestrogen dose is a little higher than Femoston - there are a few days of 3 mg.

Let us know if you manage to get some help and how you get on eventually if you decide to stick with it?

Hurdity x